Chapter Fifteen

He, the king, seemed to have left some piece of valuable information out when he told me I was now guarding the prince. Not too big, small.

I was in Russia.

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING

Cold, Snow, bones. My brain couldn't even register the fact I was standing outside a door shivering waiting for the royal family to show up. So guess who was woken up at the crack of dawn and ushered into a helicopter with some maid sent to pack your bags.

Me.

Not even a warning. I doubt even Alex knew where I was. Poor guy probably thought I was being hanged, oh well he can stay in the dark for a few more days. Serves him for being a dick-wad and not supporting his sister. Jerk.

About time. I thought, as I saw a black car with wheels bigger than me, probably, drive through the snow. They were flanked by motor bikes and other cars on both sides as the King got out smiling.

Oh yes, you're wondering about that cocktail party for the queen right, guess what, the King and I instead were on our very own little trip. I was actually glad I wasn't there right now. Instead I was here. Okay fine, it was cold and I couldn't feel my toes but just as I was slipping on that dress I was beckoned to get on the helicopter immediately.

And an order, an order I follow.

"Isandra,"

"Your highness," I said trying not to shiver as I bowed my head towards the king. He entered through the door and was I more than happy to follow after him feeling the warmth and sighing, man this would be life, just chuck in a hot spa and a free massage and you have me hooked.

"Now I apologize for having to drag you away from the party," He said looking over his shoulder. Dressed in a rich suit and no crown he could have passed for a normal business man, or maybe a mafia gang-lord, I mean this was Russia after all.

"But knowing you, I'm sure you're more than happy," He said and I couldn't help the smile pop onto my face. Man did I ever, I hated those things to death. Prancing around in a dress was not my thing, it was more Catherina.

Oh that stupid b- no don't think about her Isandra. Just thinking of her and what she did wanted me to play 20 seconds with a Russian assassin, a game where you're both locked in a room, for 20 seconds and oh trust me, 20 seconds was like a leisure game of twister for an assassin. We got the job done in 0.20 of a second.

The King walked through another door where all the guards stopped except two, I and some other man entered into a room. I stayed in the shadows by the door as the Kind sat down, the man standing next to him. It seemed like some type of office. 

There were flags of Russia on the other side of the table flanking an elderly looking man as he greeted the king in a heavy accent.

I let my eyes roam around the room, taking in my surroundings. Now was I an assassin or was I a guard. I knew everyone back home, or shall I say the 'palace' would be buzzing with the question and the paparazzi would follow Alex around till he told them.

The answer was, I was an assassin, I am a guard. What's wrong with being both?

It was a good hour before the king got up and it was ready to move. Flanking his left side I kept my eyes out as I followed closely. 

"I want to show you something before we go," he said. I nodded. He turned into another corridor nodding to two men who opened a door. I walked in behind him looking around in awe, on the walls flanking all sides were massive portraits. My heart sunk.