Chapter Two

"I didn't do anything," I hissed as Alex's arm grabbed my upper arm and he pulled me after him. I nearly stumbled over in the ridiculous black heels they made me wear, who wears that with uniform? Fair enough it gave me another couple of inches on my barely 5'4 but what if I fell over hmm?

"Entrance duty for you, and be polite," he snapped. I rolled my eyes as he muttered something under his breathe pinching the bridge of his nose and then turned to the guard on duty and spoke to him.

"Chill brother I have this," I muttered. His blue eyes flickered to mine raising an eyebrow, the blue eyes my mother had along with his perfect blond hair, unlike I who had received fathers blessed look, note the sarcasm.

Ignoring me he turned around and walked off and I rolled my eyes jumping onto the counter and smiling at Josh that guard on today. He looked utterly bored and he mirrored my smile, probably glad to have some company.

"So darling," I said winking, "How you doin?" 

* * * 

"Um, I think it's, go straight, three consequtive lefts and then go right yeah?" The old couple looked at me confused and nodded walking off, welcoming duty. I was pretty sure I was telling everyone the wrong directions, but then again I was sort of enjoying this more than being inside, during some speech and watching over the royal family.

This was more fun, even though it made me work for the hotel wher they were hosting this event. The phone rang again and Josh and I exchanged glances before he finally  sighed andpicked the phone up, in the past hour we had eight prank calls, to a hotel, go figure. 

I leaned against the desk tapping my fingers as I looked around the large lobby, just waiting for Alex to come out and tell me off for something else I did wrong. Well if he just let me go to college like I asked him to, I wouldn't be so moody. 

I mean if he was babysitting a spoiled brat, he would be just as irritated. It was like I had some type of bad luck, I went from my last mission, to babysitting her and now on entrance duty. I was mortified. 

""Isandra,"

"What?" I asked looking over my shoulder as Josh just shook his head at me as I grabbed another minty lolly from the bowl on the table and popped in my mouth.

Why were they there if you can't eat them?

"Sometimes I wonder why the sergeant even puts up with your behaviour," he said. I raised an eyebrow, wasn't it fairly obvious?

"That's because I fight better than any one of you," I said.

"Is that a challenge?"

We had a minute stare off before he quirked his eyebrow, a silent demand.

"Oh bring it," I said shrugging out of my jacket when I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

I awkwardly turned around, my hands still stuck and I smiled awkwardly as Sergeant stood there his eyes amused as he folded his arms across his chest. Sergeant was the head of us all, nearing forty years old he was also one of the best.

"Now Isandra I cannot have you going around and injuring all my men," he said. Alex stood behind him hiding his face in his hands like he was holding back from locking me in a room, he's done it before.

I laughed pulling my jacket back on and scratching my hair when I realised the audience they had with them. Oh I was going to get hell for this. Catherina stood next to Alex her hand on her mouth like she was outraged at my behaviour with the prince next to her, either looking amused, or very angry, either way screw them all.