Chapter Fourteen

The king had arrived exactly at ten p.m

The knock at my door was exactly forty-two minutes later. By then I was starving, I had pretty much stayed in my room all day, not even letting Alex or anyone else in.

I walked over to the door throwing it open to see the older guards from the secret service staring at me.

"The king requests an audience,"

I nodded following them. I wasn't sure how many people knew about today's episode, but not too many by the confused looks we were getting. I mean let's face it, one of the ex-best guards was now being escorted by a full eight men to the king's audience hall.

It was a funny sight. It was also stupid, I could take them all in seconds and they wouldn't know what they hit them. Lies, they would know that I hit them.

They all stopped suddenly and I realized we had reached it. The door was opened and the guard bowed as I passed in. 

Funny that there were no guards coming in, aren't they scared I was mentally 'ill' and would kill the king, or try to.

"Ah Isandra," 

I looked up at the strong voice and bowed my head slightly walking up to the steps and kneeling on one foot.

"Now now, don't be silly child," He said walking down the steps. His hands touched my shoulders as he lifted me back up.

"How are you, would you like a drink?" He asked. I watched as he walked over to the table pouring himself one and turning around.

"Now, you know why you are here right?" he said.

I nodded, well duh, no respectful Isandra. He walked over to his throne and sat down beckoning for me to come closer. I climbed up the stairs.

"You know why I hired you?"

"No your highness," I said keeping my head down, whether it was in shame of my actions or because of the respect I didn't know. But I didn't want to look him in the eye.

"Because you are the best. And you never do anything without thinking twice," he said. I could hear the small tick tock of the clock in the empty space.

"My girl, I hired you because I wanted you. I know your actions this morning were outrageous," I gulped, here it was, "but I also know it was because of due cause," he said.

What. I looked up confused into his pale green eyes.

"Look, Catherina also stepped out of line. This was not your fault. You lost your control on a sensitive subject that was never meant to be spoken. My son also told me what happened and how it wasn't your fault,"

He did?

"Carter also agrees that it was a spur of the moment action and you wouldn't do it again," he said.

Since when did Carter get a heavy effect on the king?

"I will strip you of your position of guarding Catherina," he said. I sighed, I wasn't sure whether I was happy at this or not.

"But you will instead guard my son,"

What?

"That was the main reason I employed you, your skills, your agility and your overall performance is being wasted being in here. But that is your choice. Whenever you want to go back to your old job all you need to do is tell me my dear," he said running a hand over my hair.

"Carter and you will swap jobs for a while, till you are comfortable. I would be much more assured you guarding my son than anyone else," he said taking a long sip of his glass and placing it down. He rose beckoning me to follow.

"Now," he said stopping at the door. I could hear the pacing of the guards outside.

"I want you to go, get ready, and look brighter then a star tonight. It is the welcoming queen ceremony and my wife and I would be honoured for you to be there, not as a guard, but as a guest. I have sent items you will need and I want you forget all that has happened in my absence and turn a fresh leaf. Am I understood?"

"Yes sire," 

"Good,"

He was about to turn around when my stupid mouth had to speak, "So you're not going to hang me?" 

He turned around with a confused face. Damn it I just gave him the idea! Idiot me.

He chuckled shaking his head, "Now what on earth made you think that. Why on earth would I hang my best friend's daughter. Don't be ridiculous. Go get ready," and with a wave of his hand I turned around my heart beating fast.

I'm sorry its so short guys but with exams I have 0 time to upload. xx