Chapter Forty-Nine

I know if i take this long to update you don't remember the story, dw, I don't either. But the good news is, the story will be finished by July, there is only 5-7 chaps left. Give me till June 22, I finish exams then xx

Chief didn't seem pleased. 

But he didn't seem angry either.

He crouched on the ground and just stared at me for a few moments, just stared with zero expression on his face and I matched it. 

And then he spoke.

"I knew you were trouble since I first met you,"

I smiled, "Admit it, you love it." I said, and the way his eyes crinkled even though he didn't smile I knew he did. 

"You did what you had to, you protected the rightful heir." he said surprising me, and here I thought I was going to get a lecture, "We can pass it off as self-defence, there are a lot of loopholes we can use, if we find them."

"What are you talking about?"

"The boys are looking over them right now. There is always an exception, let's see if there is one for killing royalty,"

"What?" I asked feeling confused, "I'm not going to be hanged?"

Chief looked at me confused, "Why do you always think you're going to be hanged, no, we will get you out of this alive. We're trying to contact Nik's parents to see if they will come speak for you, you have a hearing you know, a panel."

"Oh."

"But," he said frowning, lifting his his hand to rub his jaw, of course, there was always a but

"What?"

"The king might try and do something between now and then, and the hearing is taking place an hours ride away from here, anything could happen in that hour."

My heart skipped a beat, the king wouldn't let me out of this alive, "And he has something up his sleeve, I just know it."

What could possibly be up his sleeve. There was knock on the glass door and I looked up as Chief looked over his shoulder at the guard pointing to his watch, chief sighed turning back to look at me, "I have to go, I only get five minutes."

They were timing my visits?

"I'll come back tomorrow morning,"

What time was it now? 

"How's Nik, and Alex," and Daniel.

"They're good, Nik is shaken up but he'll live, he needs to deal with it. Alex is fine, stable, healthy, he wanted to visit you but he needs to take it easy.

"You guys told him?"

"Well it was hard not to, pretty sure everyone knows." the loud was knocked this time, more impatient as the guard glared at us.

What about Daniel, did he want to visit me?

"I'll be back tomorrow Isandra, just be....vigilant."

Before I could ask him what he meant he was being escorted back out and I looked up at the guard who was glaring at me, what the hell were you looking at?

Chief's word were in my head, be vigilant, and now I couldn't sleep. Every noise would wake me up, every sound, and my eyes kept drifting to the other cell. Who was in there. I had to know, I had to see

I stretched my legs out again, I could feel my eyes drooping, exhaustion, this it what it must feel like, no energy to move, to think, you just wanted to sleep, but you couldn't.