Chapter Thirty-Nine

How cool is the new cover its like her bad arse side and then her "Lets have tea with the biatchs" part, It's like her blast from the past. Anyways I have an exam on Monday, I only need 25 out of 65 to pass, but I can't even  manage to get 3 marks atm, so frustrated and decided I will write a short chapter. So at least you get something. Screwed up 2 out of 4 exams so far sighness

I hadn't even noticed that Carter had disappeared, all I remember was that we had split into groups. Alex seemed to notice my panic and sat down, "Don't worry, we sent him for back up,"

Well thank the lord. The last thing we needed was another change of plans or a new found traitor.  Alex went back to keep an eye on the prince and I looked at Nik who was bouncing on his seat.

"Do you need to pee or something?" I asked confused.

"What?" his eyebrows knotted. "No, I just don't want to die thank you," 

And the sass was real, I rolled my eyes awkwardly patting his shoulder, trying to give him some sort of comfort, but I really didn't know how to give that, "You'll  be fine, you've got us ya know?" I winked trying to ease him but it didn't seem to be working.

He gave me a hesitant smile before turned to me, "Are you sure they want to kill me,"

I nodded, it made more sense. Of course there were till spaces missing in this, it made no sense. Why there was an attach on Jax at the airport, but then after I found the bullet I was pretty sure it wasn't him they were aiming for.

Or maybe they were aiming for him just to put us off their scent, and they did, they were smart. It seemed we were up against a bigger master mind than I initially thought. But some events were too random, like what happened in Russia.

They had nothing to do with the royal family, well a bit, but they were so spontaneous and badly constructed it made me think whether they were deploys, to throw us off track. Because it worked damn well.

I sighed running a hand through my hair and closing my eyes trying to remember all the research I had gathered this morning. 

"Isandra!" Nik said and I realised he had asked a question, oh right. 

"Um," I said sitting up in a more comfortable spot, but it really wasn't since my gun was still digging into my back, "Well,"  yes he was going to die, "Maybe,"

Of course I wasn't going to let him die.

"But why?"

I shrugged "They probably just think you want the throne back. I mean you're of age, and technically you're legally allowed to take it back if people found out that it was your mother that was meant to be queen. Which makes no sense, surely the people knew how many children your grandfather had?"

Nik waved a hand, "Oh they all did, they just thought she ran away or something," he shrugged.

"Do you want to be king?" I asked.

Nik bit his lip shrugging, "The idea has never crossed my mind and honestly I would rather not. Having the whole of Rusmania depending on me is pretty scary. I wouldn't want to stuff up or anything right? I want to make sure the poor got what they needed but without causing discrepancy in the ranks. I don't agree with everything that's happening in that country but it's been a long time since I've been there and I wouldn't want to change how the people are living and everything," he suddenly paused realizing he was rambling.

And with that mini god forsaken speech that finally ended, I realised, he would have made a good king, a better kind than Jax and his stupid bimbo were going to make.