Chapter Twenty-One

"It gets boring up here and I don't want to spend time with her," he said grimacing. I laughed, I didn't need to ask who that was to know who he was talking about. I was even surprised I hadn't heard about her in the last few days. I guess Alex was being seriously cautioned about me and the bi- eh goat in a room.

I looked down at my attire and gave him a look.

"I can lend you some clothes," he said. I wrinkled my nose.

"Your clothes do not look comfortable, no offence,"

He shrugged laughing, and I didn't realize how deep his laugh was, "Fine, change and come back?" 

"That required me walking down to my room, who even does that, never mind I can change later, alright so what are we doing?" I asked dropping my shoes onto the ground and placing my key card on the bed. The blankets were a stain black so I sat on them, they'll wash them out anyways and if they don't, I'll make sure to tell the maids too.

"I didn't think that far ahead," he said laughing and I shook my head. Great what were we meant to do?

"Cards?"

I looked at him, did he seriously ask me that question.

"Oh you're on," I said, the upper left of my lips turning into a perfect smirk, he was on. 

***

An hour later we were still going at it, I looked down at the pile of coins that I had and then the pile he had. He looked at me frustrated as he grabbed a card of the bed and picked it up and grumbled throwing another one back down.

"Remind me never to play with you again," he said.

I laughed picking up the card he threw down and showing him my flush. He groaned as I grabbed the only coin he had left. We had no money but change on us, well I borrowed a coin of him and in the end I had the whole jackpot.

"Just imagine if we played with property," I said laughing and he groaned.

"You'd end up being a princess and I could end up being your maid or something," he said laughing.

"Well thank your stars I don't want to be royal," 

"Why not?"

"Are you serious, no offence your lifestyle sucks," I said yawning and looked at the clock, "well I better call it a night,"

"One more game," he said. I frowned, cards, I loved cards, I breathed cards, I played them with the other guards so many times they all hated me for taking their money, one more game couldn't hurt could it?

"You have no more coins left," 

"Let me borrow one, I'll win it all back," he said with a cocky smile. I raised an eyebrow, "Hey I let you borrow one," 

"And I gave you that coin back already," I snapped, as soon as I won three coins I gave him his original one back, I hated being in debt.

"Okay, okay, just lend me one, please?"

"Fine," I snapped, one game wouln't and coudln't hurt. I flipped him a coin and he caught it.

"All or nothing?" he said. I raised an eyebrow, I loved gambling but I wasn't stupid. You never know when someone's luck might run out.

"No way," I said putting a coin in the middle, "one for one,"

He shrugged and grabbed the cards beginning to shuffle while I filled my shoes with the winnings so I wouldn't forget it. 

I could just think of all the food, oh the Russian Ice cream I could buy with this and sighed, oh heaven, I'm coming, right after this game I was going to get some food. I didn't care what the time was.

"Yes that's the plan!" I said out loud earning a look from Jax. 

"Sorry," I said grabbing the cards and lifting them up, just talk out loud Isandra, It was a good thing I didn't put it all in, I had shit cards this round. I grumbled looking at the opening, I didn't need that card. I picked it up anyway and dropped another one I didn't need.

I looked at the clock while Jax took his own sweet time, the hands on the clock ticking softly when I realized Jax was picking up the card. I looked down and frowned as he picked it up. What was that in his sleeve.

He dropped another card.

I picked it up and dropped the card from before just to make him play a move.

He looked at the card and reached for the deck when I gasped.

"What?"

"You cheater!" I snapped throwing the cards in the middle.

"What?" he said with a small smirk. Oh that glint in his eye.

"You were trying to win everything back you lying scumbag!" I snapped my voice raising. No wonder he wanted all or nothing, he knew he was going to win this round.

"Hey I didn't do an-," before he could finished I grabbed his right arm trying to get my fingers under his buttoned sleeve.

"What are you doing?" he snapped trying to get away from me when I tugged at him.

"I know this trick, my granddaddy did this too many times you little piece of -" my voice was cut off when I slipped my dress catching between the bed rest and mattress making me tumble. My grip on him was hard and I pushed him off with me landing on the ground on top of him banging my head on the side.

"Holy fuc-," I stopped myself from swearing.

"Shit you're heavy," he muttered as I was about to get up.

"Excuse me?" I snapped placing a hand on the carpet beside him ready to hoist myself up.

"I'm joking,"

"You cheater," I muttered getting up when the lace string caught around his button. Could this get any more awkward?

No it wasn't awkward till I realized it was awkward and that silence caused him to realize how awkward this was. 

"Um," I said. If I moved my hand I was going to end up leaning or more lying on top of him again, if I didn't I was still stuck to him. 

At least he knew how to act normal I thought as he laughed and leaned on his elbow while the other hand worked on his button to unwrap the strand.

"You're a cheater, i want my money," I snapped as he nearly finished.

"I didn't cheat,"

"Yes you did, see," I said. Just the sake that he was saying it so confidently that he didn't cheat pissed me off. I take my games very seriously.

I leaned up as much as I could and grabbed his hand holding it still as my other hand went under his sleeve grabbed the card.

"I freaking told you, what are you, trying to steal my money? Too bad you can't steal anything" I snapped looking at the rumpled queen card. That card was ten points. How dare he steal it from the pile. No wonder he wanted to shuffle so badly.

"No," he said. I raised an eyebrow about to get up, screw the strand this dress was ruined anyway when I felt his hand on my lower back halting me.

"Too bad because I can steal this," he said his fingers grabbing the card making me glare at him, I held onto the card as I realised how close we were, and how I could smell the faint presence of toothpaste.

At least he brushed his teeth twice a day, how on earth could people have the patience to do that, I can never b- and my thoughts were cut off when I felt something against my mouth, his lips to be precise, his lips were moving against my mouth and as quickly as it started, it ended, "And I can steal a kiss,"