Chapter Four

"Cut the ribbon already," I muttered to myself softly, but apparently it wasn't soft enough as Alex just shot me a glare. 

It wasn't my fault they were standing there holding the damn scissors but not cutting the small string of orange ribbon that was like some 'strong' barricade between them and a million dollar painting. Why would you buy a painting for million dollars?

My friend was an artist, not a professional one but boy could she paint, draw, sketch. She was amazing, she even painted me the best sunset I had ever seen in my life, but, I wouldn't pay a million dollars for it. Why would you?

And this was like a paint shop threw up on a canvas, even I could do that. 

"Stand up straight Isandra,"

I rolled my eyes, Alex had been guarding me more than the royal couple all night long making sure I was up to no good. The chef, I really needed to get to know his name, and two of his men flanked them instead. I just realised how annoying it was having people follow your every move.

Unlike a bodyguard, mine, cough Alex cough, came with free advice and taunts and mean words. I had feelings!

"Go screw yourself you pig face," I snapped. People had no consideration for other people's feelings, gosh.

Applause erupted, what did I miss? The prince finally cut the ribbon and the music started up again and people move around mingling as the waiters came back out carrying plates of snacks and drinks.

Which was stupid, if you were going to displace millions of dollars worth of paints, why would you have drinks roaming around, I mean what if I accidental tripped, grabbed a glass and poured it on some painting that looked like a paw print? 

What a waste of paint and canvases, and money. 

I saw Alex talking to some Governor or whatever and I used this to escape. Mwahaha maybe I could loose him.

 Stepping out the backdoor I sighed at the cold air and then turned around seeing a shadow.

"What are you doing out here....sire?" I added quickly. How does one address the future king. The prince looked at me funny his green eyes like cats in the dark.

"Shouldn't you be around your guards?" I asked. He shrugged. He was leaning back at the wall with one legged propped up, probably hates the noise inside as well.

"Where's your lovely wife," I asked smirking. He glared at me narrowing his eyes.

"Somewhere inside thankfully," he said and I smiled. He speaks!

"What fight in paradise?" I asked.

"That's not the saying," he said with a small smile. I waved a hand leaning against the wall next to him, how was I meant to remember all the sayings .

"What is the saying then?"

"Trouble in paradise and no, there was never a paradise in the first place," he said. I looked out at the moon in the distance, why was the moon so pretty. So far away filled with visible craters but still was a beautiful object. 

"I thought you both, well you looked like you got along," shut up mouth it's none of your business. He turned to look at me.

"What century is this," he asked. I raised an eyebrow, was this a trick question.

"Twenty-first?" I said. Was it the twenty first.

"Exactly, and arranged marriages in the twenty first?" he asked me. I wasn't exactly sure what he was trying to say but was he trying to say this wasn't love at first sight?