Blinky's Day Out

I stand silently next to Jim as the two of us watch the memory the Elder Council was showing us.

“Never in my wildest dreams, did I dare think I’d see such a sight.” Memory Blinky says softly as the others stare down at the Birthstone.

The image then shifts to the book Blinky showed us before our adventure into Gatto’s keep.

“It must be the Triumbric Stones! Three shards of legend tied to Gunmar’s lifeblood!” Memory Blinky exclaims.

Then it showed the image of Jim and me talking to Gatto.

“Because we are going to destroy him.” Memory me says.

“They found the Birthstone.” One of the voices of the council says.

“They think they can kill Gunmar?” Another questions.

“We told them he couldn’t!”

“Silence!” Kanjigar demands, walking up to us.

“You said it was impossible to kill Gunmar, but we found a way.” I say, glaring darkly at the ghost of the former Trollhunter. “You’re either a lousy council or a worse liar.”

“We needed to deter you two from making a grave mistake.” Kanjigar explains. “You were lucky to obtain the Birthstone, but the journey will only grow more treacherous from here onward.”

“With all due respect, you said a Trollhunter only works alone, but if it weren’t for our friends, we would even have the first stone!” I explain, almost shouting as Jim stared at me with a wide eyed stare.

“The children won’t listen.” A raspy female voice states as a ball of light circles Jim and me.

“They mock us!”

“What’s the point in council?”

“If you insist on risking the lives of everyone you care about, I advise you to listen to reason!” Kanjigar shouts, glaring down at me.

We all glance around confusedly as Draal’s voice rings out.

“Trollhunters! Trollhunters!” He shouts.

“My son! He seeks you. There is trouble in Trollmarket! An intruder! Go!” Kanjigar tells us, staring at Jim and I.

“An intruder?” I ask.

“How did he get in?” Jim questions.

“Go!” Kanjigar demands once more before a light develops the two of us, sending us back to the forge.

Jim and I slowly walk to the Trollmarket Plaza, where almost every troll in Trollmarket was gathered, staring up at a suspended, writhing bag.

“Hey, stop!” Jim shouts, causing all the trolls to glance at us.

“Let him go.” I add, walking up to the troll holding the rope tied to the bag.

The troll glares at us, folding his arms.

“We’re the Trollhunters. We’ll deal with it. Let him go.” I repeat more forcefully.

The troll continues to glare until Aaarrrgghh walks up behind me, glaring at the troll.

The troll growls slightly before releasing the rope, causing the bag to fall.

Jim and I slowly approach the bag with Draal and Aaarrrgghh following close behind.

Jim summons his sword and cautiously cuts the rope that was holding the bag shut.

A middle aged man suddenly pokes his head out, smiling up at Jim.