Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter?

“This is…” Toby starts.

“Yeah.” Jim nods.

“Whoa…” I say softly.

“Pretty much.” Jim says.

“This is your home?” I ask, looking over at the four armed troll.

“Trollmarket is home and hearth and sanctuary for all good trolls.” The four armed troll explains, waiting for us to catch up to him. “This way, my friends. There is much to see.” He continues, leading us through the large cavern.

“Dang! And here I thought the only thing underneath our town was dirt and plumbing.” Toby smiles, pulling out his phone.

“This is absolutely beautiful!” I gasp, looking around at the glowing jewels and minerals embedded into the stone walls.

“Stay close.” The four armed troll warns, looking at us. “Human feet have never graced the ground of Trollmarket before.”

“Humans?” A female troll sneers, staring at Jim, Toby and me.

“Friends.” Aaarrrgghh huffs, walking beside us as if to protect us.

“This is crazy!” Jim exclaims, looking around. “Are you getting this Tobes?” He asks Toby.

“Oh yeah, on it.” Toby smiles, taking pictures of the beautiful scenery.

The three of us quickly run up beside the four armed troll, struggling to keep up while looking around.

“Check it out.” Toby says softly, looking around at the minerals.

“I know!” I squeal excitedly, pointing up to a red glowing gem. “Topaz…”

“Peridot…” Toby points to another.

“Cassiterite…”

Toby lets out a loud gasp, running up to a gray colored mineral. “Kornerupine!” His excitement falls as he looks up, noticing an angry troll staring down at him.

Toby quickly realized he was grabbing the trolls stomach and released his grip. “Hi.” He says nervously before running over to the rest of us.

“Your knowledge of minerals is almost troll-like, Tobias and Astrid.” The four armed troll compliments.

“So, your kind, you all live down here?” Jim questions.

“Trolls travel from afar to our market to find comfort and remedies.” The four armed troll explains. “You’ll find most anything you need and sometimes you’ll find what you didn’t even know you needed.”

We were all so caught up in the scene, none of us noticed the dark glare of a troll growling at us from the shadows.

As we walked, Jim and I stopped when we noticed a small object skitter around the ground before coming to a settle in front of us.

What looked like a garden gnome stared up at the two of us with an innocent expression.

“Aw, hey little guy! Aren’t you adorable.” I say, smiling down at the small creature.

“That’s a cute pointy hat.” Jim smiles, leaning down towards the creature.

The creature suddenly hisses loudly, revealing two rows of razor sharp teeth.

“And pointy teeth!” We both squeal, stumbling back.

“Look out! Get away!” The four armed troll shouts, stomping his foot down near the gnome. “Get out of here! Vile vermin! Be gone!” He says angrily, continuing to try and stomp the gnome.