Becoming (Pt. 2)

A/N: Each chapter is 1 episode, so prepare for some really looooong chapters.

“Astrid! You have to come over right now! I’m seriously freaking out!” My best friend, James Lake Junior, shouts on the other end of the call, causing me to flinch.

“Jeez, Jimbo, calm down. What’s going on?” I ask.

“You have to come over! Like, right now! Toby and I found something crazy in the canal the other day, and it’s seriously freaking me out!” He continues in a panicked tone.

“Ok ok, keep your pants on. I’ll be over in a minute.” I say, walking out of my house as I hang up.

I walk across the street, knocking on Jim’s door. It paid to live right next door to your best friend.

It wasn’t long until Jim quickly opened the front door.

“Come on! Come on! Come on!” Jim says hurriedly, grabbing my arm and dragging me inside.

“Good to see you too, Jimbo.” I say sarcastically, following him into the kitchen where another one of my best friends, Tobias Domzowski, stood, rubbing his cheeks.

“Hey Astrid.” Toby says weakly, waving to me.

"Hey Toby.” I respond, walking next to him. 

“Ok guys, you are never going to believe this.” Jim says breathlessly, walking up to the two of us.

“My mouth still feels a little sore.” Toby groans softly, rubbing his cheeks again before walking over to the freezer, pulling out a frozen pizza.

“Check this out.” Jim says, pulling out a strange amulet from his book bag.

“Is that the thing you and Tobes found in the canal?” I ask, pointing at the amulet.

“Yep.” Jim says, staring down at it nervously.

“Do you have an aspirin?” Toby asks, holding the frozen pizza to his cheek.

“Pay attention Tobes!” Jim says irritably as Toby puts the pizza into the microwave.

Jim takes a deep breath in before speaking. “For the glory of Merlin…” He gets cut off by the microwave beeping. The two of us turn to Toby, who was pulling out his pizza.

“Go on.” He shrugs, staring back at the two of us.

“It worked last night.” Jim sighs, staring down at the amulet.

“Are you punking us right now?” Toby asks while trying to close the microwave door.

“Okay. Wait, wait, wait, wait.” Jim says, looking at us. He takes a deep breath inward, relaxing slightly. Toby and I watch in amazement as balls of light shoot out from the amulet, into Jim’s chest as he begins to float off the ground.

“Holy champignon!” Toby exclaims, his pizza floating up from his hand. Armor suddenly appears on Jim’s body as he drops back onto the ground.

“Oh-ho-ho-ho! How cool is that?!” He asks, smiling at us. “Whaaaaaaaa…” Toby just stood there breathlessly as I walk up to him with wonder.

“This is amazing!” I say excitedly.

“I know!” Jim exclaims.

“Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!” Toby exclaims excitedly, walking up to Jim to examine him. “So cool! So cool! So cool! Dude, you know what this means, right? You have a sacred responsibility here!”