Something Rotten This Way Come

"She allowed Angor Rot to obtain a Horngazel, the very key passed Trollmarket's defenses?" Vendel asks furiously as he looks down at Jim, Claire, Toby and I.

"Its not Claire's fault. Its mine. I should have gone to the school for the incantation." Jim says.

"And I forgot to bring my amulet to help defend us." I add, standing beside Jim.

"We should have faced Angor Rot, not them." Jim finishes.

"It was in my purse. Toby, Astrid and I were dangling off the roof! He cut it off and left." Claire explains guiltily.

"It was a great every day purse. It went with everything." Toby says, placing his hand on Claire's shoulder.

"We might have time! Angor Rot rarely attacks during the day, so…"

"Angor Rot is unpredictable at best!" Vendel interrupts Jim. "And if there isn't anything to stop him from creating havoc in Trollmarket, then you've just put more than yourselves at risk."

"Trollhunters!" Strickler's panicked voice rings through the library, earning everyone's attention. "Help!"

I quickly follow Jim as the four of us run out of Blinky's study.

As we run to the plaza of Trollmarket, we spot a large group of angry trolls, one of which was carrying Strickler upside down by his feet.

I could also vaguely see Blinky and Aaarrrgghh trying to calm the crowd.

"Where's Jim!? He have me his word!" Strickler exclaims.

"Put him down!" Jim says as we make our way through the crowd. "He helped save my mother. He's… with me." He continues as we stand beside Blinky and Aaarrrgghh.

"He tried to release Gunmar!" A troll shouts.

"Get him out of here!" Another shouts.

"Changelings ain't right in Trollmarket!" Bagdwella adds, forcing her way to the front.

"Its not going to make a difference! Angor Rot wants us too, and the protective barrier won't stop him." I tell them.

The trolls then begin to whisper amongst themselves as Blinky steps forward.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"He has… a horngazel." I say.

Immediately an uproar rose, trolls throwing bits of garbage at us.

"You have a right to know!" I shout.

"Let's throw the three of them out!" One troll shouts.

"Its time the amulet calls for another!" Another says.

I cry out as Jim and I are both suddenly scooped up, dangling upside down in the same trolls hand that held Strickler.

"Jimbo! Astrid!" Toby cries out.

"Its not their fault!" Claire calls after us.

"Throw them out!" The crowd chants over and over again as we're helplessly dragged towards the entrance of Trollmarket.

"When you finish throwing them out, come back, and throw me out, too." Vendel suddenly exclaims, standing on top of Barbara's car, which has yet to be removed, so he was well seen through the plaza.

"Yes the boy and girl have made grave errors. But they have come through for us more times than I give them credit for." He says.

"Trollmarket is in danger. And our greatest defense has always been our Trollhunter. They've earned my trust, they should have earned yours." He finishes as Blinky climbs up next to him, followed by Aaarrrgghh, who just stands beside the car.