Grand Theft Otto

A/N: I love how this chapter title will make no sense because they're in the Darklands.

Jim and I work silently, using our Glaive blades to dig beneath the cell spikes to seemingly no prevail, but we refused to give up.

I glance up at the sounds of a woman struggling, noticing two Gumm Gumms escorting someone to the cell next to ours.

There's a loud cracking of bone, then a woman's scream, then the Gumm Gumms walk off without another word.

The woman beside us coughs heavily, and I could hear her spit onto the ground.

I glance at a small crack in the wall, acting like a window into our cells.

"Hey…" I say softly, earning Jim's attention as I slowly creep up to the window.

The woman groans in pain as I stand on my toes and look into her cell.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

I jump as a familiar emerald green eye suddenly appears in the window.

"Hello." She hisses.

I cry out and trip over myself, falling onto my back as the memory from the night she attacked us replays in my mind.

"Nomura!" I exclaim.

"What?!" Jim exclaims as well.

"Did I scare you, Trollhunters?" The changeling sneers.

"What are you doing here?" Jim asks confusedly.

"Gunmar had to punish someone for his son's death." Nomura explains as Jim goes back to digging.

She then grunts loudly, and I could hear another snap of bone, making me wince slightly.

"Hoping to escape, are we?" She mocks. "What are the kid-heroes' plan? Dig through solid rock, cut down the hundred guards, and then what? We're still in the Darklands. There is no escape."

"Our friends will come for us." I say, helping Jim to dig.

"Aw, I'm sure they miss you. But Killahead is gone. Destroyed. Even if they were able to put the pieces back together, they don't have either of you to open it." She says.

The two of us hesitate slightly, letting her words sink in before shaking our heads and going back to digging.

I could hear Nomura let out a single, half hearted chuckle.

"And yet you still scrape. Scrape, scrape, child-heroes."

"We will get out, and we will get home. You'll see." Jim says bitterly.

"I'll see you die, Trollhunters, just like everything else in here." Nomura responds before laughing wickedly.

I sigh heavily as I lean against the wall, my body still aching from what Gunmar had done to me.

"Listen to me, heroes. They're coming for the both of you. Take these. It might save your lives." Nomura says suddenly, tossing two fruits into our cell.

I glance down at the purple fruit, which looked oddly familiar.

I hold it up to my nose and stiff it, my eyes immediately watering at the horrid stench.

"Oh, these reek!" Jim explains, telling me he had done the same.

"Be grateful I enjoy your company." Nomura says softly.

I glance up as our cell suddenly opens, both Jim and I standing and charging in a poor attempt to escape.

In no time at all, we were both held up by our arms and forced out of our cell.