Angor Management

I lean against the kitchen counter quietly, watching Jim slowly approach Strickler, who we had tied to a chair the night before.

Jim holds out a smelly, dirty sock to the sleeping changeling, a smirk on his lips.

Strickler groans as he slowly opens his eyes, crying out slightly when he spots the dirty sock.

"Ugh! What is this?!" The changeling demands, scooting his chair back from the filthy sock.

"Wakey wakey. We survived the night with no sign of Angor Rot." Jim says, standing up straight. "Congratulations. Thought I'd bring you some breakfast." He continues, tossing the sock onto Strickler's face.

"I don't eat socks." Strickler says irritably, glaring at Jim and I as Jim walks around him. "And I don't appreciate being tied up. I asked you two to protect me, not torture me." He continues as Jim unties him from the chair.

"And we said we'd keep you safe, not comfortable." I shoot back, examining my Glaive blade.

"Well, the sun is up." Strickler sighs, rubbing his wrists as he glances at the window, where the sun was shining up above. "We have until sundown to get me as far away from here as possible."

"Fine, let me call the team." Jim says, grabbing a nearby walkie talkie. "Trollhunters 1 and 2 to Warhammer. Copy?" He calls into the walkie talkie.

"Oh goodie. The puberty patrol is on the case. I feel sooo safe." Strickler says sarcastically.

"Warhammer. What's up Jimbo?" Toby asks on the other end of the walkie.

"Do you really think your friends have any chance against that Killer?" Strickler asks, yanking the walkie from Jim's hands. "They'll be a liability!" He says as Jim rips the walkie back. "May I remind you, you destroyed Angor's soul. He'll be out for blood, be it yours, or theirs!" He continues.

I look down at my feet silently, realizing he was right.

Angor would stop at nothing to get to Jim and me, even if it meant killing our friends.

"Hello? Jim? Astrid?" Toby asks.

"Uh, yeah, Tobes. Get everyone together. See what you can dig up on finding that last Triumbric Stone." Jim finally says.

"The one the Gumm-Gumms stole?" Toby asks.

"Yeah, we need you guys down in Trollmarket. We'll catch up when we can. Over and out." Jim lies before setting the walkie talkie down with a sigh.

"Smart choice." Strickler says, grabbing the coffee pot, which still had day old coffee in it. "For once, you're learning."

"For the record, Angor Rot destroyed his own soul." Jim says, handing Strickler a box of sugar.

"Well, if you hadn't…"

"Don't start that again!" Jim shouts, cutting me off with a glare.

I roll my eyes as Draal walks up from the basement, looking at Strickler with a glare.

"Why trust this Changeling when all he does is betray you?" Draal asks as Jim looks inside the cabinets for canned goods.

"Because… because unfortunately we have to." Jim sighs before groaning. "Is this all the canned food we have?" He asks annoyedly as he pulls out four cans.

"You need more? Hm, we should chop him up into little pieces and 'can' him right now!" Draal says.

"Did you forget the binding spell?" I ask, leaning against the counter again as Jim stands up. "We hurt him, we hurt Barbara."