Waka Chaka!

I cry out slightly in surprise and quickly jump out of the way of the fire that the fighting dummy shot out from its eyes.

I quickly use my sword to block spears that were being shot out from another dummy.

“Always be afraid!” Blinky says to Jim and me as he watches us train. “Fear heightens your senses. Fear keeps you alive.”

Jim smugly leans against his sword, which earned him a stone to the back. He yelps loudly as he falls over.

“Arrogance gets you killed.” Blinky sighs, looking down at Jim.

“Yeah, I’ll have to remember that.” Jim groans.

“Draal, however, does not fear you.” Blinky continues, helping Jim stand. “That will be his weakness. But not you. You’ll be wetting your armor. That will be your strength!”

Jim uses his sword to block the mini boulders that were being shot at him repeatedly.

I giggle softly as I go back to blocking the spears.

“Yeah, looking good Jimbo! You too Astrid! Feel the burn!” Toby shouts from the sidelines, doing a mini exercise himself.

Ever since he’s gotten a Chubby Tracker, Toby has been more interested and active in training.

I begin to laugh as I notice Aaarrrgghh joining in on the exercise, jogging in place beside Toby.

“I think being afraid is the one rule…” Jim cries out as a dummy suddenly launches spears at him, and he dives out of the way. “That I excel at.” He finishes, pointing to the now flaming dummy beside him.

“You and me both.” I giggle, walking up beside him.

“Oh no, Masters. You must excel at all three! If trolls are ever going to embrace you as Trollhunter, you must ignore your humanly instincts.” Blinky says.

A dummy suddenly pops up from the ground, causing Jim to throw his sword at it.

“Do that…” Blinky starts again as he and I stare at the dummy with wide eyes. “And I have no doubt that you will defeat Draal!”

As if waiting for that cue, Draal slowly makes his way across the forge with another troll I hadn’t seen before.

“Look.” He says slowly, smirking down at Jim. “It’s training.” He lets out a loud huff through his nose before turning to his friend. “Cute.” He chuckles darkly before speaking to his friend in trollish.

Blinky walks up beside Jim, noticing the doubt in his eyes.

“Let your fear keep you alive. Let his arrogance lead him astray! Defeat him… and you’ll make history.” Blinky says, putting a hand on Jim’s shoulders while leading him away.

I glance over in Draal’s direction, and he glances over at me.

He nods his head slightly in respect, and I do the same before running to catch up with the others.

“I know contemporary media might lead you to believe European history is full of swords, sorcery and scandal. I assure you the truth is far more interesting. And there’s no better place to start than Renaissance Era pottery!” Ms. Nomura says excitedly as all the students groan in boredom.

“Since we have limited time, Ms. Nomura, perhaps it’s best if the students explore the museum on their own.” Mr. Strickler explains.

All the students smile brightly before running off in different sections of the museum.