10

EDITED AS OF 5/15/2021
MAJORLY EDITED AS OF 7/14/23

"OH MY GOD." Sophia laughed as she peeked under the backyard door. She heard Nicole screaming in terror at her new look, while Sophia was literally on her knees, cackling. She opened the backyard sliding door and was met with Nicole.. in a frog costume.

"She looks really cute in that. Don't tell her I said that though."

"That's terrible." Sophia giggled, giving her a tight hug. "You're my lil frog."

{12:37 PM}

Sophia could tell Jocasta wasn't feeling the best.

Jocasta and Caleb came out of the diary room with Jocasta rested on Caleb's side. She felt bad, though it was just one competition. Maybe Jocasta wasn't made for this after all.

As Nicole put Sophia's hair into two separate braids, Sophia glanced over at Jocasta and convinced herself to speak.

"You alright, Mama J?" Jocasta weakly nodded after Sophia's question, giving the young girl a smile in thanks. But that smile quickly faded as she ran to the bathroom with Caleb, about to throw up, which made Sophia just feel even worse.

{2:12 PM}

Of course, Cody was being his old flirty self, flirting with basically every girl in the house. Sophia was fine with it, but when he got super touchy, it got her a bit nervous.

So when she walked into the living room to see Cody spreading kisses across Amber's shoulders, tears welled up in her eyes. She felt like shit for getting emotional about something so silly. "Oh," she spoke softly, trying not to show that she was really upset. Cody glanced up at her, noticing her frown and shining eyes.

"Hey Soph, you ok-" She didn't let him speak anymore before she stormed out, heading straight to the lounge room.

Putting her head in her hands, she let the tears flow. She couldn't help it. She had a first grade crush on Cody, and just the fact that she had seen one of her good friends, Amber, and Cody so touchy? It just made her want to cry.

The door clicked open, and expecting to see Cody, she completely blew him off and turned her back to him, laying down.

"Hey.. are you okay, Sophia?" She heard the voice of her new best friend, Nicole. Suddenly she felt bad for turning her back on the girl, and gave her a weak smile as she came to sit beside her. "Tell me what's wrong, maybe I can give you advice."

"It's just..." she wiped her tears from the corners of her eyes. "I saw Cody being seriously touchy with Amber. I guess it just made me a little insecure." Nicole gave her a soft smile, reaching over to give the girl a hug.

"Hey, if you really feel that way, you should talk to Cody about it." Sophia nodded, letting a sad sigh escape her.

"I know you're right. I really do. It's just that I'm not good with feelings." She laughed a bit more sincerely.

"Then I can go talk to him for you." Sophia smiled.

This is why Sophia loved Nicole. She just had the sweetest personality that you could ever hear of. She was able to comfort you while you were down, and was the type to stand up for her friends whenever she felt the need to. She loved that.