>six

"Wait, I'm sorry--" Sophia cut herself off when Hayden picked her up, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

"You really thought you'd get away with it..." he smirked, tickling her sides. Laughter erupted from Sophia like a volcano as she wriggled in his grip.

"It was just a little piece!" She whined, "you always give us the leftovers! Also, at least we didn't use any spices!"

"You know what will happen if Caleb finds out..."

"Yes, I do. Which is why you aren't going to fucking tell him. If I could beat him to death, I would, but that's bad publicity and it would involve me getting dragged out by the ankles by production."

"Sounds about right. You'll be fine."

|>|

"Come on in guys!"

Sophia sat down next to Ciera and Katie. Ever since they stole meat together (which was literally last night), they had bonded very well and consider each other allies and friends now.

"Tadhana getting your first look at the new Galong tribe, Laura M. voted out at the last tribal council."

Ciera looked discouraged. Sophia rested her hand on her shoulder comfortingly. She enjoyed her mom and hoped she could return. Though she had to admit, she was happy not to see Cody gone.

"We will now bring in the competitors for today's duel: John, Brad, and Laura M."

Sophia wiped a tear off of Ciera's cheek as Ciera hugged into her side.

"It's weird, Jeff." Ciera sniffled, "I just kinda-- had this feeling... like-- like I knew."

"Does it surprise you, Laura, that she may have felt something?" asked Jeff.

"Not at all. She came from me, she's part of me, we're still in this." answered Laura M.

"The thing about redemption is that you can swap spots with your loved one and--" Jeff was cut off by Laura M.

"No way in hell," Laura M. denied the offer immediately, "I've got this."

"Well, on that note, for today's duel you're going to race across the balance beam, collecting bags of numbered tiles. You must then place the tiles in order, 1-100. The first two to finish live to see another day, one step closer to getting back in this game."

"Survivors ready... go!"

She needed Brad out more than anything, that was her priority.

Laura seemed to be doing well so far, she was in the lead with John right behind. Ciera crossed her fingers, pleading with the universe to let her mom win the duel.

Soon enough, all three of them were on their last bag, quickly placing number after number, until Laura shouted, "done!"

"Laura M. wins! We're looking for one more!"

Ciera and Sophia both squealed, bouncing up and down in their chair in excitement.

"John gets second, stays alive!"