>eleven

"I know you miss her," Sophia looked over at Ciera, who had her head tilted down, her face filled with regret, "but don't think about the past, think about the future! It's gonna be hard without her, but.. she could get back in, and even if she doesn't, you have me!"

"Yeah, but.." Ciera looked over at Sophia, a pout on her lips, "what if it turns into the same thing with you? What if I lose you too? Then I'll be alone in this game."

"Just think of it as an extra jury vote," Sophia placed her hand on her shoulder, a small smile creeping it's way on her lips, "think about the positive side."

Ciera hugged Sophia, smiling warmly, "love you."

"Love you too, Ciera."

~>~

"Come on in, guys!"

Sophia sat down next to Cody on the benches, a sad smile on her face. She missed Laura as well, it was gonna be hard to see her.

"We'll now bring in the competitors for today's duel: Vytas, Tina, and Laura."

Jeff looked at Laura, "Laura, Ciera voted her own mom out."

Laura teared up, sniffling, "I'm proud of her. We knew sometime or another we'd have to vote the other one out. I just didn't think it was gonna be so soon, and it's ok, because I'll be back."

"Well," Jeff smiled, "for today's duel, you will race to remove four colored cubes from a long net tunnel. Once you have all four, you must stack them so there are no repeating colors on any side. First two to finish live to see day 28 in this game."

"Survivors ready... go!"

Laura quickly advanced through it with her four blocks, followed by Vytas and followed by Tina long after. It looked like Tina was basically screwed until Laura started helping her.

Laura quickly finished the block puzzle as well, guiding Tina throughout it while Vytas was left to do it alone.

In the end, Laura and Tina won, making Vytas the second member of the jury.

~>~

"You're safe, we have to take Tyson out."

At that sentence, Sophia choked on a banana, coughing repeatedly. Katie patted her back, half in shock from her and half in shock about what Caleb just said.

"We're gonna blindside him next vote."

"Wait—" Sophia whispered, "is everyone okay with this? Like—Hayden?"

"He is one of the main people in agreement," Caleb whispered back. Katie nodded, which wasn't a shock to Sophia, considering how much it could help her situation.

"I get that it's beneficial to them, don't get me wrong," Sophia started, "but I wanted Tyson to think he's dragging me to the end, then I can slit his throat. I'm really questioning this."

"You down, Soph?" questioned Caleb. She still didn't like Caleb too much, she was warming up to him obviously but he just didn't have a positive energy, another reason why she had to give him a fake smile and nod along with his plan.