|| forty nine ||

Loud music blared throughout the whole complex of the Jeon mafia's land. It was the day of the commit , for many members already enrolled into the mafia it was like a celebration but for jimin on the other hand , he was terrified.

taehyung was by his side for most of the morning helping him get dressed into his outfit and doing his makeup. In a way it was like an yearly entertainment show for the mafia members, new trainees being sent out on tasks and some even dying.. all part of the fun. Of cour taehyung also had to replace the hated metal bracelets around his wrists which made him feel powerless and weak to say the least.

Around 11am taehyung had left , since he was jungkooks right hand man he had to go take his seat in the arena by jungkooks side. jimin stared down at the selection of weapons which had been brought by taehyung, he raised his shirt and slipped the dagger under his jeans securely. he then turned back to the selection , picking up a gun and tucking it under his belt before letting his shirt neatly fall back down.

He bit his lip , looking at the one requested item... a small box which contained poison pills .. just in case he needed be quick and silent about killing sunwoo.

Finally he heard a knock at his door , guards had come to escort him out to the arena . It was all a bit dystopian esque, competing for a place in the mafia.. of course those who win the commit basically become gods amongst the mafia. Some famous names in the mafia pop up in his mind from his discussions with taehyung such as chungha, Johnny and even Jungkook , they had all been winners of their round of the commit.

He sighed , checking his appearance in the mirror one last time before walking out to the guards who were waiting by his door. All of it was quite dramatised , a bag was placed over his head to cut out his vision and he was pushed by forceful hands through the corridors, step by step closer to the loud cheers and music of the arena. he finally stopped , his mental map of the complex completely failing him as he had no idea where he was but he could hear and sense that other people were near him.

One of the guards uttered to him to stay still before leaving his side. he pursed his lips , still trying to figure out where he was , the music and shouts were muffled .. like they were being contained within a box yet it still felt close , he could feel the vibrations of loud music through the ground.

He heard the music stop and all shouting cease leaving behind an eerie silence which hung over them. Until the ground beneath them started moving .. he assumed they must've been on a lift upwards because he heard the cheers and noises of the arena being full of people.

Then amongst the chaos he heard jungkooks voice through the speakers. " the commit has been in our tradition for many years ... this is no exception , all of you trainees will go through the challenges set and must succeed. "

Another voice rang through the microphone , being blinded wasn't really helping jimin right now but he was sure enough that the deep voice echoing through the arena was taehyung. " I will announce this years competitors "

Jimin felt people come up behind him , forcing him onto his knees along with all the other beside him.

" Arya ... mark ... Kai ... xian ... seoho... shonwu... moonbyul " the list went on and jimin zoned out , so many people were competing , how on earth was he going to beat so many and come out on top.

" jimin" his name was called at last and the bag concealing his identity was pulled from his head. At first the bright lights of the arena were blinding and he had to blink a few times to get used to the blinding lights and the boisterous cheering. Finally he looked up , seeing huge crowds of people all around the arena and at the centre table there he was wearing that bunny mask and sitting proud and tall. sure enough he commended the role of mafia leader quite well.

It wasn't long until all the names were read out and taehyung passed the microphone back to Jungkook who stood to speak his next part. " round one considers the skills of these trainees , each have been given a target of whom is an enemy of the mafia.. they must track them down and eliminate them before 12am tonight else they shall be disqualified and removed from the mafia... "

Jimin gulped , if he didn't do this right then he would loose and be removed or even worse.

Jungkook cleared his throat , pausing for a moment as the whole crowds went silent.

" may the odds ever be in your favour , happy commit!"

Authors note:

AND I OOP-
the hunger games references I swear but guys this is so cool! seriously it's kinda scAry tOoo immagine being jimin yall , I'd be terrified

I'm excited for the commit to begin!!