CHAPTER FORTY NINE. THE KING IS DEAD.

Ever since he could remember Zarad knew he was loathed by the king, the man who was his father by blood. His mother, who was a lady from a regressing noble family, while holding secrets from him, loved and dotted on him dearly.
Zarad was her world. She loved her and he was the centre of her heart and soul. As a child who was isolated from others, a child who lived within four walls, it was natural for him to love back the mother who loved him dearly.
Although he did not knew how deep the water ran, he was subconsciously aware that his mother was holding some unspeakable secrets. She was hated by the entire palace dwellers. She had an aggressive relationship with the king, to the point they physically harmed each other. Zarad knew his mother was a scheming lady but in the face of the woman who birthed him, loved him, protected him, never let him see the ugliness surrounding his birth, shielded him from all the abuse that came towards him, his walls could only dissolve with love.
In the cruel world inside the palace, they naturally became each other's support, both leaning on each other, loving each other very dearly.
When he was still very young, she left him alone in this world, to let him face the world by himself. Her death, just like the numerous secrets she held in her heart, was mysterious.
He couldn't remeber clearly what happened or followed after her death, or perhaps he had sealed these memories away, that he forgot the details. Or so that was what he had thought.

But he was wrong.

Just seeing the head of the mother he loved dearly made his blood boil with sorrow and rage. Sorrow, because of the love that had always been there in his heart and the loss he had felt when she left him. And rage, because of the discovery he made just now.

The nerves in his eyes were bloodshot red. His eyelashes shivered as his body went cold. The pupils of his eyes shrunk, covered with an intense blue light. And the aura of his body grew more and more intense.
He looked like he was crying, suffering a lot at the same time, his entire being was oozing with a dark, ominous intent to slaughter.

A sharp blade made its way to King Satt's chest. The strike was smooth and fast, effortlessly digging into the king's flesh, cutting it open.
Blood splashed with this single strike however before it could cut deeper Satt fenced it away with his own sword. His brows did not wrinkled in pain. Instead his own pair of eyes were staring at the other, like a predator ready to hunt.

"Why!!!? You, why did you do this to the dead?" An angered voice shouted at him. It carried an intense burning feeling of agony.

King Satt's eyes went hysteric, like a madman. The amount of hatred and obsessive disgust accumulated in his eyes had never lessened, instead increasing each day with evey phase of time.
"It was not enough to kill her, how could i let her rest in peace?"

Zarad once agains attacked him. His eyes were clouded with rage. Like a beast off the leash he swung his sword left and right, moving fast, each strike holding overwhelming strength enough to crush bones and walls.
Satt countered his attacks, but the power of the sword was very heavy so he was pushed back a little bit. The momentum his attacks held were too strong that it took a decent amount of his ageing body's energy to dispel and kill the force of Zarad's attack.

"Good!" Satt shouted wearing a devilish grin. He had always hated this bastard to bones, now that he was the one who attacked first he could grab this opportunity to get rid of him. And if he could kill him it would be even more better.
"You, i will send your soul to that bitch!" His rationality had long been thrown aside.
"Both mother and son can reunite in hell." As these words left his lips he initiated an attack first.

Zarad on the other side, just like him, had also completely lost his rationality at the moment. His hands were shaking with the thirst of blood of that man. He flew forward to meet his enemy head on.
Two auras, blue and blue, and two halos, blue and violet collided against each other creating sparks of lightning cracking the walls and the floor, destroying them to shambles. Both the forces separated, then moved to attack again, making the floor around them collapse each time they collided. Amidst the blue waves there appeared some drops of blood each time their swords met the other's flesh, digging in and clawing at each other's skin.