CHAPTER FORTY FIVE. FATE AND DESTINY BEGINS.

Hitomu was back at his room. The room that Zarad had arranged for him to stay. When he was brought back to the prince's palace for the first time he wanted to leave right away. However just because he would leave did not guarantee that the man himself wouldn't follow his tail, going everywhere he went. So he gave up the idea and went along with Zarad's whim as he was too tired to reject his command.
At first he was sceptical but after spending a few nights he was at ease to the point that the room now felt like his own. It was also comfortable. Specially the bed. It felt like white clouds. Ever since he started sleeping here he had had peaceful nights. Surprisingly Zarad did nothing to make him feel uncomfortable. It was a miracle that this man had not touched him in ways like in the previous episodes. But...well...there was always an exception. Juts like earlier.
He would come unannounced, like how he entered the room following Hitomu without saying anything a few minutes ago. There was even a specific single size sofa where he would sit as if the room was his. And while he would spend the day there either reading or drinking tea his eyes would dart towards a certain person form time to time, observing calmly and eagerly. Hitomu had to thicken his skin so as to give him no reaction to the point that his nonchalant attitude became a pain in the ass.

He heaved a long sigh in silence.

Hitomu looked towards the pain in ass prince who was currently reading seated on his chair. He measured him up from head to toe. This man, he was sure he would ask him about his relationship with the intruder they happened to encounter today. But he didn't. Infact, Zarad had never asked him any kind of unnecessary question despite his keen interest in him. His thoughts were clearly filled with curiosities regarding him but they never came to his lips.
In this regard Hitomu felt that the man was a person of character.
From the corner of his eyes Zarad noticed him looking at his direction.
He tapped his fingers against the page of the book in great anticipation. Hitomu had never given him his attention despite him visiting his room. Now that his lazy eyes were eying him a feeling of nervousness rose from within. Feeling excited he raised his head and looked the other into his eyes.

Their eyes lock on with each other.

Both of them stared, neither looking away. The room was filled with silence. Because of this the sound of rustling winds against the trees created a buzzing sound.

"What?" Zarad was the first to break the silence. "You have something to say?" He motioned with his head as if saying go ahead.

Meanwhile Hitomu just stared at him. His mind went back to the printed pages describing the blackening transformation of the villain. At the same time the words of the emperor reaper resounded in his ears.

It would be such a waste..........

"One day...." He murmured.

Zarad waited for his next words but they never came.
"........." I am waiting. Speak.
They rarely had conversation going on between them.
Minutes went on but his next words never came.

"What are you thinking?" Zarad had to shift the topic to keep the conversation going.

"This and that." He replied staring in the air. The current state of his mind was a bit chaotic.

Watching his attention fall elsewhere Zarad did not pursue this matter anymore. He was sure this boy wouldn't give him a clear reply so he went back to reading while making sure to keep track of Hitomu's facial expression.
What a weird one!
He missed the complicated gaze the other gave him while he was thinking so.

One day, will you become the man as described in the book..........? A man walking on the edge.......

The storm that would trigger the tragic deviation of the aloof prince had already started unbeknownst to the knowledge of Hitomu.

Revard decided to leave the moon empire. He had gained the information he wanted to. Except for the etheral person who had disappeared ages ago. The internal state of the imperial palace wasn't that good. Potential heirs to the throne had been put behind the bars. The king and the queen of the empire were under house arrest at their own will. With the news of the annexation of the lana empire and the deployed envoy representive of the defeated kingdom reaching his ears he had to rush back to his empire. Moreover there was the matter regarding the Lilies tribe member. Had he known the envoy representative was the crown prince himself Revard would have connected a very imprtant dot that could have changed his dear childhood friend's fate.
He made a low whistle. Up on the sky a small bird dove downwards on a straight path, then landed on his right shoulder. Revard attached a piece of paper rolled like a scroll on its leg.

"Go." He commanded. The bird, as if it was able to understand him hopped sideways. Flapping its wings it once again plunged towards the sky as it gradually disappeared into the distance.
Revard, likewise, resumed his movements.

The perpetrator of this whole thing was resting within the sun palace. His whole body was in a relaxation mode. His snake like eyes were closed. Crown prince was having a short afternoon nap. His peacefully sleeping face frowned from time to time. It seemed like he was having trouble sleeping.

I am sorry..........

For hurting you.....i am sorry.....

Shand opened his eyes feeling very annoyed. This fucking dream!

General Adulle who had reportedly returned to the room noticed the tiresome look on his prince's face.
"My prince, please pardon my intrusion. That person is here." Bowing slightly.

Massaging his forehead Shand took his time. "Is that so? Tell him to stay low. I will meet him tomorrow." His head was aching painfully. Shand saw the other person still had something to say.
"What is it?"

"Er.....you have a special guest requesting your presence, my prince." Came a rather reluctant reply. Adulle could see he was not in a good mood.

Special guest? And who might that be? He raised his brow at his general. The latter knew what his 'raising a brow' implied.

He sighed in grief as he replied. "Its Lady Augreal, my prince. She is requesting an audience with you."

A/N: This chapter was supposed to be out yesterday. But things happened and i had to reschedule it.
Anyway, i think i took too much time with the plot elaboration. Because i like to make my stories have a very deep  and elaborate plot line many new things were added. For instance, the king should have died back in thirty something chapter. But now here we are still waiting for it to happen. Anyways, he is going to be dead soon.
Oh also, there is a new anime out called The Misfit of the demon king academy. Its really interesting. I have stopped watching anime since a few months ago because most of the new ones are boring with a repetitive plot line but this one is different. An oped reincarnated demon king is the main hero. Just an episode out but i am already loving it.
There were a lot of hit animes that didn't go well with my taste, like kimentsu no yaiba and boku no hero. And many more. I dropped them both. I hope this misfit series will not disappoint me. The protagonist is so badass and merciless. And i love it. Since i am not into those kind of soft, way too kind and heroic main characters.