CHAPTER NINE. MEETING THE CHARACTERS.

The sea of crowd stared at him with fixated eyes, evaluating him according to their personal standards.

"Oh my! Am i seeing this for real? He didn't even bother to hide that ugly scar on his face."

"What a letdown!"

"Is that taint on his face real? How pitiful. His life must have been destroyed because of a mere scar."

"No wonder those group refused to speak his name. They must have been shameful of him."

"How so very ugly!"

"Unsightly!"

"Unpleasant."

"What a poor thing."

The whispers did not stop and instead kept on growing as more and more people laid their eyes on his face,  highlighting the left face of his profile. As for the star of the moment he did not bother giving them any attention. Of course he could hear them after all he had a keen sense of hearing. Little did the crowd knew that their disgust, pity and hatred meant no value to him. Everyone ignored the fact that the figure walked past them and into the grand palace door which awaited him a bundle of misfortune but despite the severity of the issue his eyes held no fear. Instead they were brimming with an unknown emotion he was feeling for the first time.
His eyes narrowed upfront. The realization that he may have to throw away his peaceful life for the sake of their safety hit him a bit. However he had already accepted it. But he was not confidant if he could keep his anger in check once he sees the injuries of those brats. In his entire life he had never been angered to the point where he had lost control over his emotions. In his past life he was living a dark life in a red shell. He was used to the loneliness that wrapped itself around him. However now he had lived a very normal life receiving and giving enough love. Specially the students at the school had a very deep bond with him. Without a doubt he loved his students very much although he was unable to course it in the form action. And this point everyone in sunny village knew.

Thinking about these thoughts he chuckled. "People reap what they sow." That said he entered the court  that had been waiting for his arrival.

Two rows of seats, with fifteen chairs on each side of the red carpet that was the platform of court summons. The chairs were donned with soft silk cushions to make the seating comfortable. Atop the cushion were seated thirty ministers in total. At the centre, up through the aisle which lead to a fleet of ten big stairs were seated the three royals of the sun empire. The king and his two sons, the first prince and the crown prince on his left and right respectively. The atmosphere at the chamber was really intense. If a normal person were to stand before them they might as well hyperventilate in anxiety. Too bad that he was not a normal person.

"Greetings your majesty!" Walking upfront he bowed his head. He stayed still waiting for the king's command.

All the pair of eyes present in the chamber were fixated on the lean figure bowing down his head asserting his respect to the king. They were slightly surprised to see him walk through the door nonchalantly without giving a care to the peers of eyes focused on him. Even more the scar on his face attracted their attention right away.

"You may rise." The king broke the silence.

With his command Hitomu raised his head. And what met his senses were gazes filled with curiosity, contempt, and amusement. Everyone were looking at him. And that included the three seated above.
What they were looking at was a young boy who was barely even twenty. Not so short but not too tall with a lean and slim figure. Black hair and brown eyes. With a huge sword scar covering his entire left eyes and the check, he was unpleasant to look at. But one could not deny the mysterious aura the boy was emanating. Specially his eyes; his brown orbs that were gazing up at the ruler of the kingdom without a hint of fear.

His demeanor was indeed interesting.

While it appeared to them that Hitomu was gazing up at them devoid of any thoughts he was actually evaluating the entire people present in the court. Five people caught his attention amongst the ministers and without a doubt he knew who they were. There was also the king. King Satt, a disappointing ruler who would later reap what he had sown. Beside him was the male lead of the book, crown prince Satatra. And lastly, was the antagonist, the male lead's half brother, prince Zarad.

His conscience fell right on his refined shoulders leaning his hand against his  cheek. His blue eyes that were a symbol of his royal bloodline, from which he was desperate to escape. Blue flowing hairs which was another token of rejection of his identity. He was the only character in the entire book which caught the attention of the prodigy as they shared a single similar thread: the will to escape from who they were.
Hitomu was startled a bit to notice that person staring back at him with a piercing cold gaze.

"Boy!" The king spoke. "Speak your name."

"Hitomu. Of sunny village."

"Hitomu." The king repeated. "Are you the master who taught martial arts to the offenders?"

"Yes, your majesty. It was me." He replied him immediately. There was not a single moment of anxious fidgeting.

The ministers began whispering to each other gasping at his words. A nineteen year old boy as a martial arts teacher? A commoner? Nevertheless one amongst them was intently glaring at Hitomu with intense hatred. His son was beaten helplessly so he was bound to hate him.

King Satt pause for a bit before commanding. "Bring him over here."

Hitomu's sight of gaze shifted to a certain direction. His pupils contradicted a little at the sight of his student's bloody figure covered in wounds and bruises.

"How dare they! To a fifteen year old kid!"

His eyes flared up in fury while keeping his composure calm.

"Wait oh nobles i will make sure to collect this debt." He thought as he regained his senses.

Surely no one had noticed the shift in his brown orbs except for a certain someone.