CHAPTER SEVEN. THE FESTIVE KNIGHT EXAM.

I am so free right now. So might as well write up some chapters before i go busy with my first semester exams.

The Festive Knight exam. Also known as the Yearly Entrance Exam of Knight Recruits or YEEKR in short. Was held at the end of the summer overlapping the welcome festival of the autumn season, also known as The Maple Festival. It came only once in a year bringing a bundle of opportunities for the ambitious youth who looked upon the knights of the empire, aspiring to be one of those who vowed upon the safety of the empire with their swords, their lifetime to be forsaken in the hands of the king and the kingdom's good.
Aside from the granduer of the exam it held a very significant event in the plot of the story. This event was the only instance in the entire book where the king was seen together with both his sons, the first prince and the crown prince for the last time before he was assassinated. Infact the first prince never appeared before the public's eyes. If one had to bestow one's eyes upon the first born prince of the empire one had to surely attend only the YEEKR, for he was sure to be there despite missing all the other court events held in the entire year. Also it was no secret that the prince was a lover of swords and martial arts. But the fact that the prince was the Black horse captain of the black knight troops of the sun empire was a top secret as the existence of the black knights itself was only a rumour floating around the entire kingdom. This was the reason the prince never failed to attend the festival so as to evaluate the young applicants of the exam. He had a veto over the selection of the knights. Not that the innocent masses knew of it.
The event was supposed to end with the approval of the general's son as a potential knight with a lot of expectations. But......something unexpected or rather something out of the plot happened. An incident that was never supposed to be there in the story had happened.

Eleven hours ago..........

As expected the exam was bustling with ambitious youths and the festival with a sea of crowd. Some were there to expand their opportunities, some were there to covet the goods and services and some were just enjoying. And amongst these crowds were two specific groups who stood out the most. One was a group of students who were personally trained by the prodigy assassin of another world. The other was a group of noble applicants led by Hale, the only heir of the general's son. Ironically both the groups were there to attend the exam. And while the both were living in their own world they suddenly crossed boundaries with each other during the commence of the gathering.

The sight of strands of light yellow hair, long and silky, tied into a high ponytail wavering in mid air with a little bit of movement caught the attention of his eyes. Not only that when the stranger's back turned around he was startled to discover that the youth was quite a looker. With an oval face, and plump pink lips, the general's son even mistook him for a girl.

"Ahhaaa! Look at what we have here. Isn't...isn't that a girl? What a rare sight." His approach was out of mere attraction. Not just of some curiousity. And of course his minions followed him.

"Yes, Master Hale. It is indeed a girl."

"Right! I never knew that beauties were interested in muscles." He kept speaking as he approached him.

Of course Lydith glanced at him only once before he decided to ignore him. Then he began walking away with his other companions to a different spot. However this did not stop the bugs from following.
Hale was even more interested in him now that he had been ignored. He was a person who liked to be the centre of attention of those who caught his eyes.

"Why run away when we could be friends? Hey miss beauty, you heard me. Let's be friends." He shouted at him playfully as he began walking up to them.

The one with a tall build and broad shoulders standing by his so called beauty frowned at him. "What the hell is wrong with this pervert? Don't you have any shame?" He spat at him ready to walk over with a clenched fist.

"Lanse. Don't. Ignore him. He is not worth our attention." Lydith whispered to his cousin.

"Aha? Ignore him? Ignore the imperial general's son? How dare you speak of such words!" His minions spat at them.

The other group stared at them with frowning eyebrows then decided to ignore them again.

"Lets go somewhere else. They could be trouble some." Marthx, Lanse's elder twin suggested.

The others agreed and acted right away.
Just when they were walking away a fast shadow approached them with lightning speed stopping right behind the person at the centre. He placed his left arm around his nape while his right hand was groping the chest. He fondled the entire area of his chest covered with layers of clothes while his other hand rested on his pink lips, brushing them slightly.

"Hm.... That's strange. You are too flat chested. Still it does not hide your appeal." He whispered lowly near his ear, unknown to the fact that the person he was holding was boiling up ready to burst anytime.

It was no secret to the group that Lydith hated, or rather despised being touched in a sexual way. Contrasting to his calm character to the point that he rarely got angry, Whenever groped by a stranger the latter was sure to end up with a heap of broken bones. In simple words the only thing that could drive him into hell was gropers.
Making a swift turn he kicked the stranger who dared to touch him with his disgusting hands. It landed right on his abdomen, with such force that it sent him flying back. Next he unsheathed his sword at once following his flying figure. When Hale killed the momentum of the kick he was met with the touch of a sharp blade against his neck. The kick hurt him a lot. So it took him a few seconds to recover.

"You." He said. "You dare to kick me. Did you just kicked me despite knowing who i am?" As he stood up the blade followed him, still pointing at his neck. He looked into his eyes and the only thing he saw a pair of tiger like eyes, gleaming with raging anger.

"So what?" He replied. "You are nothing but a disgusting low bug. And bugs should just die."

At this point Lydith wouldn't have cared even if he were the king himself, let alone a mere general's son.

Marthx and Lanse glared at his minions who were already drawing their swords, pointing their blades at them.

"Get ready. A battle awaits us."

This was how the trouble began.