CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN. DEJA VU.

"Our kingdom have already dispatched a special envoy to the kingdom of Lana. Hevel left on king Satt's imperial order." Revard shifted his position. Leaning towards the other he asked him. "So? What are your thoughts on this?"

Zarad gave him a look that said 'why should i comment on these national topics?'

"Oh come on. We are just having an idle chat. I just want to know your thoughts on these developments. It won't kill you to give these news some feedback. Hmmm..?"

Zarad scowled at him. Again. But did not refute. After remaining silent for a few minutes he finally broke the silence as the other party was still looking at him, batting his eyelashes waiting for him to speak up.

"Someone probably set the dead body on the boat. Deliberately. Maybe the murderer. Or the murderer's men. Unless i have a detailed look on the case i cannot comment on the general's unusual death."

"Do you think he died in the hands of our empire's greatest enemy?"

"They are too incompetent to come up with such a clean kill. Although they may have the drive but they lack a sharp knife. Unless they hired an extraordinary person." Zarad stated bluntly.

"I thought so too. But i doubt the victim was killed by an assassin. Because the kill was too clean, it must be someone with a handsome amount of resource, someone with money. A person who can obtain information easily while being skilled and secretive. However, what interest me is not the case but the murderer's intentions. I wonder why the instigator deliberately made sure his dead body was found? Don't you agree?"

Zarad did not need to comment. They were probably thinking the same thing.

"The crown prince of Moon empire.....his time of visit was skeptical. Moreover, he was nothing like the rumours said about him." Revard added. "Its slightly suspicious. He just woke up a few months ago. Instead of taking his time readjusting and healing he wandered around visiting kingdoms bearing good will, becoming a polished and a new person. Only an idiot would take it for granted."

Zarad understood the underlying meaning of his words. "By that you mean what made a drastic change in him?"

"Not only that. I wonder what happened in the Moon empire. I think we need to dispatch another envoy. Or we could just investigate while remaining in the shadows.
I don't know why but its unsettling."

At his words zarad gave him a look saying 'Then why are you telling me this. Go and tell that to those court pigs.'

"I am just wondering if i should operate independently or officially. Well, what do you think? Have any advice for me?" The playful look on his face, as if he had discovered something interesting did not fit his easy going facade. Although he spoke playfully to almost everyone the real Revard was not someone that shallow.  With how he was expressing himself he knew there was no stopping him.

With a small sigh. "Be careful. And don't get caught. Those pigs will nag you when they know."

With a smile. "I will keep that in mind."

"Are you done?"

"Yes."

"Then leave. I want to be alone."

"......" Revard was speechless once again.

He did not protest. Without much resistance Revard readily left him alone. As he walked out he glanced at the expression on his friend's face.

Ah....that expression again......

It was the look of frustration. His eyes were dull. They looked lonely as if in pain. Revard could tell that memory was playing inside his mind. Since he needed some time alone he left quietly.

While Zarad got up and walked inside a small garden. The garden was meticulously clean but there were no flowers decorating the green carpet grass. Walking around he stopped at a  spot.

The image of a young boy holding the hands of a beauty with a blurred face flashed in his mind. Her skin was porcelain white. Her hair was as blue as his own. Long and beautiful, shinning with its bright colour.

"Zarad!" A melodious voice rang in his ears.

"Haha!" He let out a small laugh. Staring still at the spot he murmured. "Change, huh? If it were the foolish me i would have agreed with Revard. But now i know. Even a single incident is enough to change a person. Not to mention the change can be as drastic as becoming a different person."

The question that remains is....the shattered soul or the new shell, which one is the true you?........even the answer to this question is difficult.....

A few days went by. Revard had left with his trusted aid without the knowledge of the imperial palace. To cause trouble.
While in a far away kingdom a storm was beginning to stir up.

"Aaahhhhhhh..........."

"Someone......someone......send a message to the.....ughhhh....aahhh......"

Slash. Slash.

Blood was spittering in the darkness. One by one all the people were beginning to fall down, killed by several strokes of shinning blades dyed in their blood. Screaming and muffled sounds filled the silence but not a person was sparred.

"Perfect." A voice spoke.

"What should we do with their bodies?" Another person spoke.

"Burry them." An authorative voice interrupted.

"No." The person who spoke first refuted. "Fill them in sand bags and throw them into the sea. We cannot be lenient from here on. Every kill, every step must be done perfectly. Not a single flaw should be there."

"Yes."

With the rise of the sun began another day.

"What the hell!" Hitomu cursed.

Nothing major happened during the past few days. It was peaceful. Although he was skeptical because his days were unbothered he thought it wouldn't come to this once more.

This guy, was he seriously trying to dominate him? Was his natural instincts calling out to him that strongly? Although the direction of his obsession have changed from that person to him, he was still the same villain after all.

It was deja vu. He did not expect it to happen so suddenly.