CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN. PREPARATIONS.

A few days later the news of another history changing event shook the world. This news spread like a wildfire, many kingdoms were preparing for war, ready to protect the imperial capital falling prey to the man and the empire many feared.
The name "crown prince Shand of the moon empire" became famous, many hating and crusing his name, and ofcourse, there were also some that wished to join hands with him.

The imperial palace of the sun empire was very busy thanks to this piece of drama a certain vermin started.

"Are they here yet?" Satatra asked Aroar. He has been waiting for them to come.

"Hmph!" Aroar was really displeased with this nephew of his. Despite that he replied. "They will be here any minute by now."

Eustin, Revard, Vax and many other officials were present at court. Outside, numerous knights were assembled. Their number covered the entire area of the palace ground.
Soon the people they were waiting for would join these troops as well.
Lydith, Marthx and Lanse couldn't help but grin when they saw their master walk by them.

When Zarad and Hitomu entered the hall they were the centre of attention. All the members of the Black knights were following behind them. Low gasps could be heard coming from some officials who were facing the people of the knight organisation for the first time. They were like legends in their eyes, a subject of their awe as well as their fear. Not to mention their leader was the first prince of their royalty and the person standing beside him was the boy who defeated General Gale.
Ignoring the attention on them all of them took their seats. Then the meeting began.

"Let's cut the official greetings and get right to the point." Satatra finally spoke. "The Almur empire is currently under atack as we speak of it right now. And the assailant is Prince Shand. He has shown his fangs aganist our empire when he first visited the palace and not long after that the Lanas fell victim to his brute force first. The idea of war have been known in Satino since the world was created." The meaning behind his words were clear. Satatra leaned his body forward and swept his gaze around looking at each and every person present at court. His blue eyes squinted authoritatively.
"The call for war has come and I wish to step up onto the battlefield." He then gestured his hand giving a signal for the officials to speak.

Immediately an argument broke out.

"But your majesty, the throne of our kingdom cannot remain vacant. As the next in throne your majesty cannot participate in the battle. There are others who will fight at your command."

"Your majesty, please reconsider war. War between two empires is no joke. Your majesty, too much blood will be shed."

"The kingdom of Almur has never been in any diplomatic relationship with our empire until now. Your majesty our empire aren't necessarily obligated to help them. Let the Almurs deal with it the way they want. Unless they ask for our help we cannot cross the national boundary of that secluded empire."

"The Almurs hate violence. What if they see our actions as a threat. It's too dangerous."

"War is the only answer your majesty. And you are the only one who can bring victory to this war."

"Violence is the answer to violence."

The officials were getting noisy. The debate on the action of the empire getting involved with the current crisis of the Almurs was questioned on various grounds. Was it worth for the sun empire to invade the Almur kingdom and help them? Would this invasion in an attempt to help them be seen as a threat from their side? What if something happens to the crown prince? War always brought millions of death, what if the prince was to become one of those millions? Moreover......
Everyone stared at the people of that legendary organisation.
Deep down everyone questioned the foundation of this people.

The Black knights......

Were they their friend or their foe in this war? Were they trustable enough for all of those present here to rely on their strength in fighting this war. The crown prince has made it clear by inviting them here. He wanted them to fight in this war.
But...
The Black knights still couldn't be fully trusted is what they believed. The fact that Zarad was their leader and the two princes have had bad blood between them accounted the risk of being betrayed. Using them was akin to have a double edge knife, one of the edge pointing at the enemy and the other pointing back at them.
The worry in their mind was obvious. Everyone could feel it.

"This war needs them. As long as they are willing to assist they will fight for my empire." Satatra made it clear that he will have the black knights included in the empire's troops.
Saying so he glanced at Hitomu and Zarad.

"Don't ask me." Hitomu replied. "Ask them. They are the one who will participate."

"Ahem. Ahem." Eustin cleared his throat.

Aroar felt his eyebrow twitch.

The officials stared at him replying wide eyed. They were expecting Zarad to be the one to reply.
Of course they didn't knew what Satatra knew. He deliberately looked at Hitomu knowing that he was the way to Zarad. But the other person wasn't expecting an answer like this.
He had no other choice but to look at the members of the organisation.

All the members stood straight. They had their hands folded back. "We will follow if our master wishes." Was their reply in unison.

Hitomu expected them to reply this way. But he wanted to show everyone present that their loyalty couldn't be questioned. With their reply the attention was brought back to him and Zarad.
"Sure. We will fight in the war."

The consent was given. And the meeting proceeded.

"Your majesty." Eustin spoke. "If I may suggest but perhaps we could escort the young prince of Almur, prince Alfru back to his empire. With his presence our action will not be taken as a threat. Moreover, it seems like the prince is preparing to sail back. So a few of us escorting him back and sending news to the troops will be quite beneficial."

"No." Satatra rejected his idea right away. "We will not wait anymore. The troops will depart with the prince sailing alongside us. This war cannot wait any longer. Prepare the ships and everything we need. By two days, we shall depart." And before anyone could voice their thoughts he rejected them. "No objections. This is the command of the king."

All the officials got up from their seats. They bowed down slightly. "As your majesty wishes. Glory to the king."

A history changing war was making its way to Satino.

During this time they were unaware that an enemy had snucked into the empire who was currently lurking around the forest of the sunny village.

"We shall see."
A seductive voice spoke. She had a charming figure. Her eyes were an art of wickedness and evil itself. But she had yet to realise that she was yet a pitiful woman.