CHAPTER FORTY ONE. THE GEARS ARE DEVIATING.

"It was a piece of cake for me to get rid of that household without attracting the attention of that bastard son of yours. But oh king Satt! Who would have thought that you would be so merciless to kill your very own helpers, who helped you get rid of your legitimate wife, so that you could wipe clean the grave sin you have committed." The shadow man continued speaking. "Cleaning the dirty pot wasn't enough. So you went ahead and got rid of the entire pot. A king, you being one did that."

"Enough!" King Satt roared at him as he slammed his fist on the table. His lips were trembling. And his eye sockets were red; linings of thin red nerves seemingly bulging out in anger. "Do not speak another word!"

The man in the dark narrowed his eyes at him. "Don't forget our deal. I killed so many for you at your command so you have no right to threaten me with my death. Of course, once you do that our deal will be off and perhaps i might even......" He sighed. "King satt, lets not fret with all these details. Now look at how these small details got you so worked up." While speaking his line of sight landed on the strange object placed within the trunk on the table.

The king glared at him with red eyes. This man was a thorn in his eyes. A thorn that knew of his darkest secret. Killing him off was the best solution. But.....as if remembering something he stopped the crazy impulse of slashing his head off. Gritting his teeth he turned back to face the table.

Silence filled the dark room.

"Leave. And never ever ever show your face in front of me ever again."

The man in the shadow bowed his head as if mocking him and left without replying. As he walked away he looked back at the weak shoulders of the king. A grin left his lips unknowingly.
"Leave huh? Even if you had not given the order i would have left anyway. Afterall, i have finally found someone worthy to follow." He thought to himself grinning from ear to ear. While thinking so the image of a slender figure with bright yellow hair flashed in his mind.

With his leave the dark room was once again filled with silence. King Satt stood near the table facing it. His face was hidden in the darkness.
But the glint in his eyes couldn't be hidden by the pitch black darkness. A thread of deep hatred, in the shape of a terrifying grudge was reflected in his sharp and narrow eyes as he looked down at cloth hiding the object in the trunk.
"Even after your death you still manage to torment me in many ways. You bitch!"

Knock. Knock.

"Your majesty, its me."

Satt recognised this voice. It was his personal guard. He had him stationed at some distance outside the door.
"I guess its time for the meeting."

He walked out of the dark room to attend his duty as the king of this empire.

And with it began the meeting of national emergency.

Within a few days the news of the Moon kingdom attacking the Lana empire spread like wildfire. The head monarch of the Lana imperial family was assassinated by the crown prince of the Moon empire, who lead an army and infiltrated the enemy kingdom, defeating the Lana army with a tremendous force, claiming victory and taking over the imperial palace within hours.
Meanwhile the people of Lana had sent a message to their mortal enemy, the kingdom of Razia seeking their aide to retaliate the invasion of their neighbouring empire.
The public had divided opinions on this matter. And the topic had become a national fire flaring in all the four continents of Satino.
The whole world was alerted of this historical event. And it instilled doubts and fear in many of the kingdoms, fearing they might be the next target. So many of them were already making their moves hidden in closed doors. While some brushed it off as some exaggerated news and were ready to launch an attack on the Moon empire.