CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR: A DRAGON.

Adu let out a long sigh. "Fuck! Is our king trying to kill us all along with the enemy?" He couldn't help but complain. The antics as well as the approaches of their king was really very peculiar, the strangest of its kind.  He sheathed his sword back to its scabbard. Currently their king was fighting against Satatra, and he was going ballistic, crazed with a strange drive of wanting to mess with the king of the sun empire.
There were times when he couldn't understand this person ever since he woke up. But he knew for one thing that the king Shand before him was not the tyrannical king who died of disease. Even so the majestic charisma of that man made him give his loyalty to King Shand, Adu gave his sword to that man solely because he deserved it.
But this..... Adu stared at the mighty form of the creature above him.
He shook his head with disappointment.
"This is taking it way too far!"

Voices gasping from one person to another filled the space.

Everyone were horrified by the size of the creature flying above them. If that thing descended then everyone were bound to be trampled by it, without the distinction of them being a foe or an ally.

"What is an ancient monster doing here?" Parnn sounded a bit concerned.

"Tsk. This is going to be troublesome." The other members of the black knights couldn't agree more.

The creature above let out a loud howl, its roar causing a wave to add more chaos to the battle. One breath from it was more than terrific to blow away the human soldiers.

"Retreat! Everybody retreat!"

The two-winged gigantic creature was opening its mouth, fragments of flickers forming at its entrance. The flicker of the flames grew bigger and stronger.

"Oh shit!"

The creature was ready to spit fire. The fireball forming at its mouth's entrance was shoot down onto the ground.

BOOOOOMMMMMMMM! 

Waves of screams accompanied the explosion. The raging fire caught onto the human skin burnt the soldiers alive, while some of them were dead right when the attack hit the ground.

Khiluya and the other members sprinted at their fastest Speed, trying to lure the dragon away to an isolated area. Well too bad for them as the creature had no intention of falling for their tricks. They stopped mid way trying to get its attention.

"Oh fuck that damn beast!"

The dragon flapped its wings as it opened its jaw once more. This action of it was too familiar.

BOOOOOMMMMMMMM!

Another nerve wrecking explosion befell all the soldiers. The disaster this time was way too far beyond their comprehension.

"Its behaving in a strange way." Parnn commented studying the actions of the winged dragon. "Almost as if it's being manipulated to stay."

"The size is the matter of concern. Not to mention its destructive fire breath." Khiluya added. 

All the soldiers apart from them were like ants ready to be trampled by the dragon. Only the black knights had a chance of surviving this ancient beast. However defeating it was another problem.
Need not say they had to think of someway to lure it away from here.

"If he were here. He would probably have a solution to it."

It was at times like this that they would often be reminded of their Mistress..no Master Hitomu's brilliance. But he was not here with them right now so they had to deal with it themselves.
They had no choice but to go for the kill. As if understanding it collectively everyone lunged forward trying to approach the dragon without being caught by its beastly radar.

The dragon's vertical pupils slanted towards its prey. Raising its gigantic, armoured tail the creature thrusted it downwards.

Khiluya dodged it. But some of them were shoved down the ground with a loud banging sound. There was not a minute to spare. The remaining members continued to pursue their enemy, confronting it from all sides.
If they couldn't lure it away then they should atleast force its attention on them. That was the least they could do. After all, fighting an ancient beast was no joke.

"Huff. Huff." It would be a lie to say that he wasn't overwhelmed by the attacks being sent towards him. Satatra never had a hard time when dealing with his opponents. But this person before him was surely the first one to inflict so many wounds on his body.
Standing opposite to him was his foe, who was also staring at him with his creepy amber eyes.

"Cough. Not bad. Really, not bad for the ruler of this world." Shand was in no better condition. His body was weak. Despite the alteration he had made to his muscles, his energy flow, and his energy circulation this body was still unable to handle his full half of his power. It was rather troublesome. If it was his original body, there would be no limitations to how he could win this battle on his own.
It was a good thing that he could still hold the dragon's mind even in this state, controlling it from here while he was fighting.

Damn...if it was the real me then.....

This body was really weak!

"Fall back!"

"Retreat!"

"Run away as far as we can."

Alfru and Albdur stared at the mighty beast battling the rumoured black knights. Their eyes held concern for their safety but if they stayed they would just be a burden to them. Along with the other soldiers they began falling back.

"Is it really impossible for us to help?" Alfru felt helpless. He felt bad for not being able to help in these kinds of situations.

Albdur gave him a squeeze on his shoulders. "Its the mighty ancient beast we are talking about."

"But doesn't it have a weak spot or a blind spot?" Alfru tried to recall every information he had read about dragons.

Dragons. They were ancient beast creatures that went extinct due to changing environments, unable to adapt to it. Back in the ancient days the dragons ruled the world, with everyone cowering at its presence. They were feared and were an object of fear, disaster and chaos. The creatures died as a result of being left out by natural selection.They were like the distant ancestors of the black fury. They should be extinct by now. Yet there was one might dragon before them wrecking havoc amidst the war.

Shand smiled. "They haven't realised it yet, have they?"

The dragon was a mere dead body, a puppet to his plans. It was frozen in a ice sculpture. This was the best fruit he managed to squeeze out of that pink haired beauty.
When Ahaii was still forced to work with him he made him look for an  ancient beast's body. And the best place to look for was of course the frozen ocean bodies.

Though he never expected to recover the body of the mighty dragon.