CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX. RIP IT OFF.

Shand could feel his pulse. It was beginning to waver again. His powers were weakened right now.
He sent a powerful fist aimed towards Satatra.

Crack!

The knuckles of the four fingers clenched into a fist made some strange cracking sounds.

Shand frowned.

Satatra stopped the punch, he grabbed the fist directed towards him with his right hand, squeezing the knuckle area with a crushing power.

"You are not gonna go down so easily are you?" His veins on the forehead were bulging out visibly. Shand gritted his teeth in irritation. Satatra was not going to be so easy to kill. He had perhaps understimated this guy.

ZOOM!

This was when Shand felt an incoming danger flying towards him. Without looking he could tell what it was. His lips curved to form a menacing smile.
"So you are finally here." He narrowed his eyes to his left. His fingers twirled strangely, warming themselves up for the next attack.

Hitomu swung his hand backwards building up the required momentum for his punch.

BANG!

A loud crashing sound erupted when two powerful individuals exchanged blows with each other.
Hitomu's eyes flashed with a murderous glare as launched a high knee jab towards his opponent's chest.

KHUWECK!

Shand coughed. He immediately stabilized his body movements, avoiding a close call of having his broken ribs penetrated his left lung. He then whacked his trembling fingers making a slashing gesture aimed at Hitomu's nape. The latter blocked his hand with his wrist. Hitomu twirled his right leg backwards before kicking it upfront with a loud bang.
Shand felt his body fall back, rolling backwards with a forceful power. He killed the momentum of the power with a light kick on his feet.

Cough. Cough.

He covered his mouth with his hand. When he looked at them he saw his palms dyed in blood.
Shand narrowed his beastly eyes at Hitomu.
The latter was also walking towards him, an oppressing aura rising from his body. His eyes were reeking of bloodlust, there was a sharp glint flashing in his pupils. The menace he held towards Shand was currently rilling up his true nature.

Predatory eyes, cold and merciless as if they wouldn't blink when killing....that was the true nature of Hitomu. Right now he was revealing the true dark side of his past identity. The persona of the fragile youth before Shand right now was the merciless prodigy assassin of the past world, Young own Anwyll.
The aura raging out from his current body was horrendous, sizzling with a beastly energy ready to rampage from this moment.

"Hehe!" Shand let out an ominous laughter. "That's it! Look at me with those eyes of yours, the pitch blackness in them gazing at me...."

Hitomu cut him off flying towards Shand.

Stab!

"KHUWECK!" Shand felt a hand thrust inside his flesh. The feeling of a hand crushing his ribs from inside made his face twist painfully.
His eyes became bloodshot. "Y...ou...." Shouting loudly he grabbed Hitomu's enitre face, his fingers dug into his face while he pushed him away forcefully.
Hitomu's eyes were merciless when he ripped out two rib bones from Shand's body while he withdrew his hand. His fingers upto his wrist was dyed in fresh blood, bits of flesh sticking to the sticky texture of it.

"From this point, I will make sure to kill you off perfectly." His eyes were radiating with a coldness that made Shand shiver with great expectation.
Even in his tattered condition Shand made an expression as if he had gone insane.

His lips curved as if he saw something similar in Hitomu's, no, in Anwyll's current condition.

Meanwhile on the other side of the battlefield the black knights were still having problems dealing with the terrifying dragon.

"Something in it has changed." Parnn was the first person to notice the subtle difference in the dragon's movements.

Khiluya and the rest stared at the dire size of the dragon, the mighty beast was still vigorous but something in it had definitely changed.

ROAAARRRRRR!

The dragon let out a heart-wrenching shout, its voice filling the expanse of the sky. The mighty body of the dragon began to sway from side to side as it tried to stabilize itself.

"!!!"

A figure. There was a man standing on the back of the dragon. The man unsheathed his sword. He did some unusual gestures before moving the sword in his hand.

Cut. Cut.

Another loud howling reverberated in the sky, making the clouds afar tremble.   
The mighty body of the dragon was falling down to descend onto the land, its wings hanging down with rivers of blood flowing from the place where the wings were attached to its body.
The tall figure was still standing on its back. That person put away his sword. With bare hands he proceeded to grab the bloodied wings of the dragon.

Rip!!!!

The barely attached wings of the beast was ripped off from its back.

The black knights stared at the scene awed by the sight. For a moment there they thought it was their master Hitomu.
Blue strands of hair flickered in the air as the tall figure of their master jumped down towards them.
He landed before them. Despite those graceful movements a dent appeared on the ground due to the pressure of his feet.

"Master!" Khiluya exclaimed.

"Zarad!" Parnn exclaimed loudly.

"Master." The black knights exclaimed surprise by his sudden appearance.

Zarad swept his eyes at his people. He could see that they had been in big trouble this time. With nothing much to say he spoke out aloud.
"We are taking that annoying thing down. Let's make it a bird without limbs."

"Yes master." They chanted collectively.

Zarad knew they weren't gonna listen to him even if he told them to rest so he just let them be.

"Go for the limbs."

"I will gouge out its eyes."

As soon as the command was given the group sprinted into different groups. Their spirits were lifted by their master's presence.

Zarad went for the kill. He did what he said he would.
Raising his sword he stabbed into the dragon's eyes, digging them out.
The dragon resisted, swinging its head back and forth trying to shake him off.

Khiluya exerted force onto his injured shoulders. He ignored the pain erupting from that place. While holding his giant sword with both hands he drilled into the thick limbs of the dragon, slashing his sword forward. He had his ally on his back.

Although they decided to do so it was easier said than done.

The resistance of the beast was overwhelming.

"Attack it's mind!"

A loud shout interrupted their fight.
The voice was shouting at them from afar.

"No matter how big a creature is, its core is the brain. As long as the brain is dead the dragon is done for all."

The voice shouted at them. It was very loud as if enhanced by magic.

"The brain is its only weakness!"

The one who spoke was the young prince of Almur, prince Alfru. He had a big grin on his face.
He didn't give up on finding a weak spot of the dragon. It took him a while to realise this point but he finally got it.