Prologue

Dear Alex,

I don't know where to start, so I guess I will just go with sorry. I'm sorry that things didn't work out between us. I'm sorry that we fell apart. Most of all, I'm sorry that I wasn't enough for you. All I wanted to was to be with you, and trust me, I tried so, so hard to make things work. But in the end, I wasn't what you wanted and I can't blame you for moving forward in your life without me. I can't make you sacrifice your happiness for mine. I see that now.

I want nothing more than for you to be happy. If cutting me out of your life will lead you there, then I have to respect that. I know that you know how badly I am hurting right now. I can't say that I'm moving on yet, but I hope I will one day. I hope that I can look back on what we had and feel happy that it happened, that it was a piece in the puzzle that is my life.

I loved you, Alex. I still do. But I'll try to stop so that it makes your life and mine easier. I just want one thing in return. Don't forget about me. As the days, weeks, months, and years pass, don't forget that I was a part of your life at one point, even if it was only for a short period of time. Because I won't forget you. And I will never regret anything that happened between us.

Remember me,

Leah

-

I wanted to give this to him, but I knew I couldn't. I want him to know how I have been feeling in the weeks since our split, but I know that would just disrupt the pattern his new life has adjusted to. I love him, still, so much. I just wish that he wanted another chance as badly as I do.