Chapter 31: You only regret the risks you don't take

Hello beautiful people! Today I have my baby cousin with me and I feel like writing a cute chapter evolving babies, unfortunately no character has babies so I'm feeling quite sad about that. Note to myself: Add babies in my stories.

Enjoy!

Anne

Edited in: 25/03/16
•---------•----------•----------•----------

Edited in: 25/03/16•---------•----------•----------•----------•

Chapter 31: You only regret the risks you don't take

Katherine's P.O.V.

When I started therapy a few years ago my psychologist told me that whenever I felt anxious I should do something that relaxes me in order to put those feelings aside. Back then I discovered it was art, in every form. Photography was always my first choice and painting was right next to it.

Yet, today after school when I started eyeing my phone hoping that Cody would text me I decided to grab some supplies and start working. It's been two days since we made the new deal and Cody keeps on sending less and less texts, it came to the point where he texts me in the morning and then doesn't talk to me throughout the whole day, I guess I'm the guilty of his behaviour.

I huffed putting my hair in a messy ponytail before covering a section of my room's floor with an old white sheet with paint stains here and there, it was the result of many works of art.

I sat down cross legged grabbing a few bars of clay. Other than painting and photography, sculpture is my love. I don't usually do it since my techniques are rudimentary.

Wetting my fingers in a bowl of water I started working on the clay finding myself getting annoyed, not sure at what though. Cody wasn't texting me and that got me irked up but it was my idea and I should be happy that he was respecting my decision.

I got annoyed at some point and started punching the clay ruining the sculpture I had been working on. I breathed out deeply followed by a cry of frustration. He was consuming my heart and even with my efforts to stop it his laugh and hazel eyes were infecting me.

I cleaned my hands in a dirty cloth before getting up and turning on the radio. I needed some calm and relaxing sounds to allow me to work on my new piece.

Inspiration must have taken over me at some point because I completely forgot what I was sculpting and when I came back to reality I noticed I had moulded the clay into Cody's bust. I didn't need a photo of him and although I'm terrible with details this one came out perfect. Every thread of hair was well defined and the soft wrinkles in his face were noticeable making him look beautiful.

It was my best memory of Cody from the three days we spent together, he was looking down, his hair felt down to cover some of his features and his lips curved into a shy smile.