Chapter 5: Once you grow up Disney movies become life lessons

I've been so in love with the little changes I've been making that I can't wait to finally finish it and see the final product, I will start my exams soon so I'm trying to edit two chapters a day in order for it to make sense for the newest readers.

Enjoy!

Anne

Edited in: 24/02/16
•---------•----------•----------•----------•

Edited in: 24/02/16•---------•----------•----------•----------•

Chapter 5: Once you grow up Disney movies become life lessons

Katherine's P.O.V.

When I finally woke up it was 7:30 pm and my stomach was growling in hunger. It was a well-deserved nap though, it helped me restore my energy so I could be awake a little longer tonight. Going to the beach always wears me off, I think it does that to everyone.

I grabbed my phone to check on any missed calls or texts, only to find Samantha had tried to call me seven times. Whatever she was dealing with was serious, but I figured she found someone else to help her so I decided not to call her back.

Sophie was still fast asleep next to me, so I carefully rolled out of the bed - yes, so classy - and made my way downstairs to go find some food to fill my black hole of a stomach.

I walked into the kitchen opening the fridge trying to find something healthy, I smiled when I found baby carrots and hummus. The perfect snack to stay away from those greasy chips.

I went to sit in the living room, knowing I would be a lot more comfortable there. After pondering what to do, I stuck by a good old movie. I put on 'Rebel without a cause' and let myself be transported back to the 50's.

That movie is not only great, it's also one of my favourites - Cody and I watched it so many times before but it never gets old, it was our favourite movie -, I'm in love with old movies, the stories were so much better and the actors were way hotter... James Dean, am I right?

Between my daydreams with James Dean and my daydreams with Cody - which were nothing compared with the ones with my prince Dean - my phone rang bringing me back to the twenty-first century.

"Hi, Katherine" David said happily as I answered the call.

"Hey, look I'm not making it to the party, I'm kind of tired and my parents aren't home to watch over my sister" I replied rubbing my eyes.

"Sophia can come with us" He replied quickly.

"I'm not in the mood today, but we can do something tomorrow if you'd like" I insisted. I needed and wanted to stay home, relaxing, the party was going to be way too wild and I want to avoid alcohol as much as possible.

"Okay Kate, the party won't be the same without you though," David told me trying to convince me to go.

"Please, Sam has her happiness levels fully charged, I'm quite sure it will be just as good" I assured him smiling making him laugh.