Chapter 17: It's okay to be flawed

Hello everyone! I feel excited today, it may have to do with the fact that I'm going out on a school night, like a little rebel girl, or maybe because I'm just so proud of this story that I just can't get enough of writing it, it isn't weird right?

I'm glad I came back here to write it all again and edit it, the sequel will sound so much better now that they are more mature and you will all be able to tell that.

Enjoy!

Anne

Edited in: 09/03/16
•---------•----------•----------•

Edited in: 09/03/16•---------•----------•----------•

Chapter 17: It's okay to be flawed

Katherine's P.O.V.

The funeral was hard to take, seeing my princess for the last time just sounded wrong, I couldn't help my tears throughout the whole ceremony, maybe because of everything happening around me so fast I ended up crashing down next to my mother and sister.

It got to a point where there was no excuse in trying to muffle my sobs and cries, I was too broken to let her go, that peppy, energetic girl taught me more than I taught her, she showed me how she loved her parents, even though they weren't her real ones.

She had been adopted when she was still a small baby, a couple months old in fact, and that amazing family took her in and loved her until her last breath. It was hard to let go of her to a disgusting illness. She was all they had for five years and sensing their world without her is no doubt heartbreaking.

"I made you something" I managed to speak as I handed them the portrait I painted of Eva "Those were the moment I loved to spend with her, she was never down and that's how she wants you to be, happy, immersed in peace"

They stood side by side looking down at the portrait that they both held, fighting the cascade of tears running down their faces. It brought me closure to paint her, I just hope it makes them feel the same.

"She adored to spend those hours with you," Her mom said cleaning her tears "Oh she would never shut up about the dove you'd paint on her cheek"

I breathed out trying to maintain my posture. The last thing I needed was breaking down in front of two fragile souls that are suffering enough already.

"We never got to tell her the news," Her father said as more tears rushed down his cheeks.

He furrowed his eyebrows in anger at himself, maybe. He was being beaten up by life, if I thought my storm was big, his was enormous, big enough to destroy the earth, but he contained it in his little world that he willingly shares with his wife.

Like we all do, we learn how to keep our problems in and deal with them so the world doesn't need to suffer from what isn't their pain.

"Was she getting the unicorn she asked for every Christmas?" I asked chuckling as I tried to lift up the atmosphere.