Chapter 60: Some people are not meant for that love that consumes you

Hey! So we are back at it again... We are at the last seven chapters, I can even believe I re wrote this whole story in less than a year, I really hope you enjoy this version better and thats you're excited for the next two books that will follow Katherine and Cody. I have to warn you all though, they will be smaller books since I'll try to make the chapters smaller but filled with every juicy thing that hasn't been unveiled yet, I find it more enjoyable to write that way.

PS: Am I the only one frantically buying fall clothing while it's burning outside?

Enjoy!  

Katherine!

•---------•----------•----------•----------•

Chapter 60: Some people are not meant for that love that consumes you

Katherine's P.O.V.

Cody's arms left my body early in the morning, the sun was yet to rise and as much as I fought to keep his hands on me eventually he let go completely kissing the side of my temple before I felt the bed move as he exited the room. I brought my knees up to my chest in order to preserve some of his body heat for longer as I closed my lids trying to get a few more hours of deep sleep.

I must have been laid there for at least a few hours before my eyes opened again. I couldn't fall asleep any longer as my brain for the first time went through the events of yesterday. Cody was the one that woke me up around dinner time and we all went our for dinner including Alana which Cody then told me would be staying in my guest room since he didn't want her to be left alone in a hotel room and the guest room in his house was covered in a thick layer of accumulated dust like it has been for the last four years.

For a moment there I felt jealous that he was taking such good care of her but I pushed it away knowing that he would do exactly the same for me. When I saw Alana again in now much tighter clothes I noticed her little bump, it would go unnoticeable unless you knew she was pregnant but it was still there and Cody still looked dazed while looking at it. It was never a mystery to me that Cody wished to be a father, but he's a young guy with so much more to experience I need though he would be amazed by a possible chance of becoming a father at seventeen.

Throughout the dinner Alana and I exchanged a few words, mostly about Cody, I never pictured her as the shy girl but she definitely was straightforward, there was this moment when I almost choked when she stepped in between Cody and I while he was being his usual tender self and told me not to be fooled by Cody's sweet behaviour, he could be a beast sometimes, I wondered what she meant for less than a second before becoming terrified at the sight of Cody's wide eyes and bright red face. Needless to say falling asleep near Cody yesterday was the hardest task of the day.

Though I don't think I fell asleep near him, because once we got home he went to show Alana her bedroom while I got ready to welcome the comfort of my bed. Despite thinking he wouldn't take longer than ten minutes I found myself waiting for him for nearly half an hour, after waiting for so long I turned off the lights and went to sleep not caring about what they were doing because in the end I needed my sleep. I remember feeling someone's arms touching my waist before I drifted off to sleep, I thought about flinching or removing his arms but the feeling they granted was comforting and I have learned to embrace what makes you feel good.