Chapter 57: Because in any instance I can hurt myself, but could never hurt you

Hello everyone! I'm currently doing one of the things I like the most which happens to be shopping for furniture, my parents gave me enough money to change my room completely and so I'm going to enjoy it since it's my last year in their house because I fly away to college - and get to decor my house in Gold Coast. My boyfriend is helping me choose a mattress or in other words, jumping up and down in them when the workers here aren't looking and I had this ray of inspiration so I couldn't ignore it.

With only ten chapters to end the story things are going to heat up again just days away from Cody leaving.

Enjoy!

Anne

Edited in: 06/08/16
•---------•----------•----------•----------•

Chapter 57: Because in any instance I can hurt myself, but could never hurt you

Katherine's P.O.V.

I looked down at my watch to see it was nearly six o'clock and there I was still at school so I could finish my art project today in order to have more time to spend with Cody. The hallways were empty apart from two or three students that were filling their brains with music and knowledge late in the day, for some reason students tend to like sitting in the dirty floor of the hallways by the end of the day and study for their upcoming exams, as for me I prefer to sneak into an empty classroom and do my studying alone.

The art classrooms are usually closed after classes end due to the projects we leave in there and the expensive supplies our school is kind enough to buy for us but a few months ago I was given a key so I could sneak in and out. I promised my teacher I wouldn't tell anyone as long as she gave me an honest opinion on everything I did, yet today when I tried to insert the key in the keyhole the door moved back a bit. Furrowing my eyebrows I placed a hand on the door and gently pushed it open keeping my face close to it in order to see who was inside. Everything was oddly quiet as I stepped inside the white classroom filled with the harsh smell of acrylic paint and bleach.

Ignoring the fact that someone was occupying the classroom and being weirdly quiet I put my things down on one of the tables before taking off from my black art folder an unfinished watercolour drawing. I plugged in my earphones as I laid my supplies on the table so I could start working peacefully yet it took me one stray of gaze to notice that one of the tables was crazily unorganised, the fact that I didn't notice it earlier astonished me but the curiosity to take a look at someone's art was bigger than my will to start working and so I got up and quietly made my way to the table.

I was careful not to touch anything could it still be drying yet my eyes wouldn't stop fixating on each small paper with sketched models wearing different designs. To be honest I was quite impressed with the pieces of clothing even though they were just simple sketches that needed a lot of work before coming to life. Since the sheets weren't signed I took it as a sign that they weren't an art project and so they had no reason to be in this classroom.

I moved some sheets aside careful not to damage them or get them dirty with my always paint tinted fingertips to find a list of materials which I assumed were the ones needed to bring those beautiful drawings to life. Just before I could pick it up I heard someone clear their throat scaring me as I took a step back holding my chest.

"Can I know why are you touching my stuff?" My eyes were wide open as I looked at the girl standing on the other side of the classroom with a box in her hands and an angry expression on her face.

"I didn't mean to intrude" I gulped hard when she stepped closer struggling to carry the box. Although in some other occasion I would have offered help I realised maybe she wouldn't take it well "They are really good designs..."