Chapter 11: Somehow I think Mick Jagger and I are related

Guess who stayed home today because she's too ill to go to school? Me. I'm sniffing and coughing and at this point I want to sleep all day, only I can't because I have a Chemistry exam tomorrow and we all know how hard it is to pass - even though I'm quite a genius at Chemistry.

So bear with me if something looks off in this chapter. Thanks for supporting me and loving this story, the best is yet to come! I promise.

Enjoy!

Anne 

Edited in: 02/03/16
•---------•----------•----------•

Chapter 11: Somehow I think Mick Jagger and I are related

Katherine's P.O.V.

I didn't think twice before rushing inside his house. It looked exactly the same, only with a lot more flowers and frames. Angie must have embellished it with family photos once they arrived, she was always the one to keep memories alive. As I passed the living room I noticed Alli was sat on the big brown couch talking to a doctor that handed her a glass of water. She was shaken up and her once bright big smile was no longer there it had been replaced with a serious expression washed in tears.

"Alli" I called her coming to sit next to her.

"Oh god Katherine, I'm so thankful you're here" She sobbed wrapping her arms around me and allowing herself to cry into my shirt.

I rubbed her back with my hands cooing some peaceful words at her, she needed to calm down in order to talk to the doctor and you know, explain whatever happened. I was still quite in the dark there, I knew it had to do with Cody since most nurses were upstairs and I could hear some medical words being exchanged, but the one that caught my full attention was 'His heartbeat has decreased too much, we have to bring him back'.

"What happened?" I asked concerned. My elephant couldn't die. Not yet.

"I have no idea, just like I was telling the doctor, Cody called me asking me to pick some food for him, he was on his way from the gym and everything was fine, my parents left for a walk leaving him alone, yet they assured me he was looking okay and healthy, but when I arrived from picking up some take away he was laid on the floor of his room, practically dead, I tried to check his heartbeat but I was so shaky I think I felt mine instead, I called 911 and well, that's all I know" She explained in one breath cleaning her tears "His lips were turning purple... I am so scared"

I pulled her to me once again as the nurses called the doctor that was with us with worry dripping from their voices. I tried to ignore the fact that Cody was dying upstairs, Alli was a ball of nerves already, me becoming one wouldn't exactly help.

"Have you called your parents?" I asked hugging her close as we both saw two nurses bringing a stretcher inside the house.

"They are on their way," She said "I need to go with him"