Chapter 40: Third degree tongue burns

I'm so hungry right now that I just searched for delicious pizza images on Google while I wait for the delivery guy to arrive, just so you guys have an idea it's 10:47 pm where I live and I haven't eaten ever since lunch - I devoted my time to writing and also I had a few friends over and eventually I forgot to eat.

Anyways, last chapter was quite the unmasking of Ruben and his idiotic attempt to live up to someone else's gestures, but the flowers have so much more meaning and this chapter will answer some of your biggest questions about them.

Enjoy!

Anne

Edited in: 23/04/16
•---------•----------•----------•---------•

Edited in: 23/04/16•---------•----------•----------•---------•

Chapter 40: Third degree tongue burns

Katherine's P.O.V.

I pushed Ruben away telling him I am not the idiot he thought, and after a few disgusting curses being exchanged he left still sexually frustrated. Turns out all he wanted was simply to add me to his list since no one else has done it yet. I felt ridiculous and used, knowing that Cody was aware of that information all along got me confused to say the least.

Cody sang the rest of the song but never once again dared to look over at me even though I had my glossy eyes fixed on his figure. He seemed calm as he snag over to his fans, yet his shaking leg gave away his nervousness. If it wasn't for the fact that I am terrified of being on a stage I would have ran over to him and hug him tightly.

As soon as the lights went off and I was able to take one last glance at him my heart started beating faster and I wanted him to hurry his way to the backstage so I could hug him with all that I had. My mind had too many questions that needed an answer but at that moment I had a pair of arms that wanted to get wrapped in a certain blonde guy's body, and let's not forget how my lips desired his with a burning passion.

I stood next to a few black big speakers, if I'm not wrong and waited for his figure to appear on the entrance of the backstage where the lights were dimmed. Time must have slowed down because when I final saw Cody entering the space it had been at least three minutes – or maybe it just seemed like that to me –, I couldn't hold my enthusiasm at that moment, I wriggled my way through the crowd of people forming around the backstage to get everything ready for Justin Bieber to get in and threw myself into Cody's arms just as he was handing a girl his equipment.

I hear Cody exhale which may have been caused by the impact of our bodies that knocked out the air inside of his lungs. His arms snaked around my frame and his strong hands caressed my back as the girl tried to take off his microphone without disturbing our moment.

"Cody, move aside, the fans can still see you" The girl told Cody and it made him let go of me and move deeper into the room with his hand on mine.