Chapter 48: She will consume you but I'm sure it will be worth it

Hello everyone, before anything I want to announce how hard it will be for me to write this week or the next one for what matters, I have a final on the 17th and I have to study two years worth of Chemistry so as you can see I really have to put every second I have into studying. Today I spent three hours studying atoms and their reactions so excuse me if this chapter has too many chemistry innuendos.

Enjoy!

Anne

Edited in: 09/06/16

•---------•----------•----------•----------•

Chapter 48:  She will consume you but I'm sure it will be worth it

Chapter 48: She will consume you but I'm sure it will be worth it

Cody's P.O.V.

I ignored the pounding of my heart as I rang the bell. Convincing myself that my heart was simply tired from the little run till his house and not my anxiety telling me to go back home I rocked back and forth chewing on the inside of my cheek. I was never this nervous, not even when I gave my first show.

He didn't know I was mad but I was going to tell him everything and make sure he understood what was going on because when I came back I meant to mend things between friends and everything I've done so far was the opposite. Having Katherine in my life as my girlfriend was not what I intended when I got on that flight a month ago but now that she wakes me up with kisses and her crazy tight hugs I wouldn't change a thing.

If only I could have her as my girlfriend and Jake as my best friend at the same time I would be the happiest version of myself.

The time he took to open the door was probably a few seconds yet to me it felt like years as every memory of our friendship ran through my mind reminding me why I wanted him in my life so badly. He was there with me when I wanted to be a professional swimmer and although we competed against each other he was the first one to cheer me up when I won gold and vice versa.

"Hey mate" His smile indicated how he was in ignorance towards the whole situation that kept boiling on my brain.

"I know why you told me to stay away from Kate" I snapped feeling a lump forming in my throat. I would not let my anxiety stop me from solving my life issues.

"Of course you do, I told you why when we had this conversation" His voice had a hint of confusion and for a second I wondered if Josh had told me the truth "Look come inside and let's talk about this, whatever is going on with you is clearly messing up with your mind"

I nodded as he opened the door wider and I walked in looking down at my feet embarrassed of the whole situation. I wasn't there to blame him, it's not the kind of thing you can get mad at the person about, it happens and you have to deal with it the best way you can, but still I can't leave Jake with his heart broken while on the other side of the pacific wondering about my girlfriend.