Chapter 44: Others make a pact with the devil

I barely got any sleep tonight and it's infuriating taking in account I have a gym session today and adding to that my muscles are still sore which means I'll be a vegetable for the rest of the week.

If you struggle with getting up early, imagine what it's like to get with sore muscles, early and knowing you'll have math at eight in the morning. I swear I almost 'accidentally' fell asleep.

This is a bigger chapter and I planning to end it on good terms because I have so many ideas boiling in my head, just be aware that weird stuff will happen and they will make sense, also if my idea of what an Australian education is wrong - I apologise - but I only lived there for four years after I was born and a full year when I was fifteen, but I was homeschooled.

Enjoy!

Anne

Edited in: 12/05/16
•---------•----------•----------•----------•

Edited in: 12/05/16•---------•----------•----------•----------•

Chapter 44: Others make a pact with the devil

Katherine's P.O.V.

I went stiff when those words flew out of his mouth. If I was suspicious about him taking his pills before, now I knew he had probably thrown them in the trash can because there is no way he is taking his medication.

Dumbfounded, I stood still staring at his hazel eyes that seemed to want to penetrate my soul and steal something from it. The last time we talked about what label did our relationship should have we agreed that being friends were the best we could do and later on see where these feelings would take us. Cody promised me we could take our relationship as slow as I needed in order for me to be comfortable with the changes in my life.

"No" I replied shaking my head as confusion took over my mind.

"Why not?" Cody asked and sadness ran through his eyes "We like each other, hell, I'm more than attracted to you and it scares me that we are so close, but I can't stand knowing that you are single when you could be mine, I could take you out and make you feel the zoo you love in your tummy"

By the end of his speech Cody had gotten closer to me and was now cupping my face with his hands and flashing me a small smile yet his eyes gave him in. The sadness and despair were clear in his orbs making them look pale and dull, I couldn't help but be concerned about him, especially because of his anxiety issues, talking by experience it can be hard to admit you need the help of someone.

"What happened?" I inquired trying to dig deeper into the reasons that made him ask me to be his girlfriend "You know I have my eyes set on you, why are you feeling so insecure out of a sudden?"