Chapter 79 - Sold Off

The Dylaslan ships that are stuck at port of Naldia because of the ongoing naval blockade at both sides of the approaches are going to face the greatest backstabbing their country would ever face.

Because of the shady deal between the Dwarven King and the Cardonian Crown Prince, the Naldians were pressuring the Dylaslans to leave their port. It has been days ever since they seek refuge on the tiny dwarven Kingdom and they have a credible reason to kick out the Dylaslans as they would invite trouble as they were harboring the enemies of the currebt dominant country that is rampaging down south, though the past few days were quiet because of the ceasefire agreement.

Pressured, the Dylaslan then left the Naldian port and tried to break through to the Empire as the Naldians "tipped" them off that Cardonians wouldn't be able to patrol such vast oceans with their measly number of ships. Seeing this as an prime opportune to finally meet his beloved, the arrogant Dylaslan Prince urged the Captains to set sail to the Empire despite the somewhat obvious trap.

And they were sailing through calm, cold and foggy waters without any hitch, giving them some sort of false security.

The Dylaslan Prince even boasted how his intuition were correct, always.

But he was dead wrong.

Just beyond the mist, their measly fleet of transports were being shadowed by two Cardonian ships.

The Flower Class corvette Lillac and R-Class frigate Remembrance would really make this day, 'a day' to be remembered for the Dylaslans.

The ships then launched medium sized RHIBS, two of each and packing dozens of the revered Naval Commandos, who only have made headlines on their bold actions in rescuing a pirate captured cargo vessel off the Horn of Africa. And they are the perfect fit, in executing this daring mission.

The noisy RHIBs then shadowed the slow going Dylaslan merchant fleet using the fog as their cover, their only target is the fleet flagship, the armee cruise liner that is being commanded by the Dylaslan Prince himself. For them to successfully suprise the sailors, the corvette Lillac would conduct a very dangerous maneuver that would let the ship sail through the tight Dylaslan formation with very bad visibility.

Lillac then blew her horns as she comes alongside the fleet. From the mist this large iron ship quickly sailed right past them sending the Dylaslans on disarray, confused and shocked at what are they witnessing.

To further fuel the chaos, the Corvette strafed the leading ship with her 50 caliber machineguns, they've purposely hit it on the waterline to minimize unwanted casualties.

The sound of dozens of bullets penetrating the light steel hulk of the poor steamship echoes through the fleet.

...

DYLASLAN ARMED OCEAN LINER
HERALDIA

"YOUR HIGHNESS! ENEMY ATTACK! *THUD* *THUD*" shouted the ship's vice captain as he bangs through the steel doors of the Prince quarters.

The door then promptly opened and the Dylaslan Prince makes his way out. "I can hear them loud and clear Vuce Captain! What the hell are you still doing? Fire at them immediately!"

The two then made their way on the ship's bridge.

"Report Captain!" shouted the Prince as he enters the bridge and proceeded on the luxurious chair, the Captain's chair.

"The enemy cruiser sailed past our fleet at record breaking speed of at least 30 knots! After firing hundreds of rounds on the leading ship, the Bracambia they then disappeared through the thick fog!" the Captain said as he stuttered reading the quickly written report.