Chapter 115 - The Downfall Of One, Is The Rise Of Another

EMPIRE OF SCOLUS
NORTHERN PROVINCE

"READY!"

"AIM" 

"FIRE!!!!!"

*BANG.....BANGGGG!!!*

A thunderous volley of fire coming from rudimentary flintlocks atop a stone fortress overlooking the crossroads connecting the Northern Province to the rest of the Empire.

A large band of desperate beasts, wolfmen, pigmen, goblins and otger unknown creatures quickly fell into their knees as their bodies were penetrated by these very effective silver like cannonball.

*BOOM....OOOMMMM*

Another set of volleys this time coming from small cannons. Slinging large silver cannonballs to the enormous orcs charging the fort at high speed. The cannonballs rip right through their thick muscular bodies.

"RELOADING!!" soldiers shouted almost in sync as they quickly reloaded their smoking muskets.

"DON'T LET THOSE BASTARDS GET NEAR THE WALL!" an Imperial Commander shouted towards his shaken men.

Dozens of lances and spears then struck anyone whose trying to climb atop their stone walls.

After that, a second barrage rain down another volley of silver cannonballs, both small and large.

The echoes of war have already reached even the farthest part of Northern Province. The borders of the Northern Province is under constant attacks from the remnants of the newly rebuilt Imperial Army. Demons and beasts out to get their share of fresh human meat.

It has been five days ever since this large army of unruly beasts started rampaging this fort. Whose position is overlooking an important part of their province's road network.

Once again, the whole country is plunged into an overwhelming chaos. Just like before wherein local lords immediately turned their backs to the Emperor, the local commanders of the Demon Armies were running berserk and amok all across the Empire. Taking the opportunity to claim the vacant Imperial throne. And being the loyalists that they are, the Northerners are all unified for the single cause of maintaning the pride of the Empire under the leadership of their frail lord and his trusted representatives.

The threat is much bigger than before where then the enemies are only their kin and some monsters and beasts this time Demons and much powerful beasts are in the ranks of the dozens of armies running amok. It is clear that they are really using a fragile command structure, wherein once the chain of command were neutralized, the lower ranks couldn't organized themselves and rather the whole army collapses and in fighting immediately broke out.

Using rudimentary weapons that proved effective ever since. Like javelin's, lance's and silver cannonballs. The known last human stronghold on the entire Empire is putting up a good fight against the vastly superior opponents.

The fear of the highly explosive Cardonian bombs are of course freshly embedded to the hearts and minds of most Northerners. But the thought of being skinned alive and slowly tortured to death is a much pressing matter against a bomb that could end your misery in an instant.

As such, they quickly grabbed their construction tools and began rehabilitating the destroyed industrial center as preparations for their stand against the vicious Demons, it's location is really ideal as it lay in the major intersection of the roads leading up to various farms and mines. They are building their production base on the very epicentre where the nukes landed, vastly unaware to the things like radiation that would surely hunt them as time passes by.

Cardonian Air Force high altitude reconnaissance done by either the F-16's and Sukhoi's is constantly updating the Kingdom what is happening on the ground, days after their nuclear retaliatory strike.