Chapter 45

Jiang Chao Ge was somewhat surprised, but upon careful thought it was also reasonable. Unless it was something extremely important, why would he shoulder the grim reputation of killing a woman and look for Blood Temple to assassinate Ruan Qian Xiu. No matter how many reasons there were for Ruan Qian Xiu to die, if such news were to spread it'll influence Qi Ling Feng's reputation anyway. He quietly waited for Ruan Qian Xiu to continue.

Ruan Qian Xiu said heavily: "I really did intend to steal a Qi Clan cultivation manual at the start. If the cultivation manuals of the four big clans aren't passed down, they'll be lost. But that one was one that was not passed to people of a different surname. After Qi Ling Feng brought me back to Qi mansion, he practically didn't care about me anymore. I learnt martial arts from guests of Qi mansion since childhood. Spiritual cultivation techniques were also learnt here and there and were combined without a system. By the time I wanted to break through the Foot Yang Ming Stomach Meridian and obtain the strength of a level three spirit weapon user, I discovered that I couldn't accomplish it no matter what. So much so that because I was too irritable and carelessly moved spiritual power, I almost deviated. At that time, I realised I needed an orthodox spiritual cultivation technique, thus I became interested in the idea of Qi Clan techniques. I planned for no less than a year and snuck into the secret room Qi Ling Feng used to house rare treasures passed through family and took a the first Qi Clan cultivation manual."

Zhi Xuan clutched Jiang Chao Ge's collar. Their eyes met, seeming to have some sort of premonition.

Ruan Qian Xiu continued: "The first cultivation manual of Qi Clan, was written by the first founder of Qi Clan. That manual could only be read by each successive clan leader. It could only be imparted to the disciples of Qi Clan through mouth and ear. That time I still didn't know I had taken such an important thing. When I got the first manual, I immediately memorised the techniques. But when I turned to the last part I discovered that other than orthodox cultivation techniques, Qi Clan actually also had unorthodox techniques. That was the cultivation technique of getting past the legendary Eight Extraordinary Meridians."

Jiang Chao Ge froze and muttered: "Eight Extraordinary Meridians....." He'd initially heard about the Eight Extraordinary Meridians cultivation path at Old Meng's place. The reason this cultivation path was called unorthodox was because of one word: demonic. It's cultivation speed was at least two times faster than the twelve orthodox paths. Additionally, the lower the spiritual power, the faster the improvement. If paired with high level spirit pills, one can reach a cultivation level that takes others several years to reach. Of course, although this kind of demonic path sounds alluring, not many people have dared to try it. Some spirit weapon users' expressions even change upon hearing about it. That was because the majority of spirit weapon users that walked this demonic path    ultimately ended up deviating and dying unnatural deaths. Additionally, walking the demonic path of Eight Extraordinary Meridians, doesn't even have a proper manual to this day to allow people to safely break through each meridian. The higher the level of spiritual power, the more difficult it is to increase cultivation. In the end, in order to pursue a promotion in levels, many people will take a desperate risk, forcefully breaking through the meridians. There were once many promising spirit weapon user that gradually disappeared because they went on the demonic path of the Eight Extraordinary Meridians. From then on, almost no one had dared to try that demonic path.

"You also know that cultivating the path of the Eight Extraordinary Meridians, there is not a single 'complete' one. Those without knowledge could very possibly deviate while trying to break through the second meridian. Those more advanced could break through the Second Yin Heel Meridian and would practically already reach the strength of a level six, seven spirit weapon user and have little opponents. However, no one has ever broken through Second Yin Heel Meridian. There also isn't a complete Eight Extraordinary Meridians manual to teach you how to break through the last two meridians and reach the perfection of a level nine spirit weapon user." Ruan Qian Xiu took a deep breath, "But within this Qi Clan manual, there actually is."