Chapter 42

While Uncle He recovered his spiritual power, he first treated Yu Ren Shu with medical skills for several days. He also bought a lot of good medicine using the money Jiang Chao Ge gave him. Yu Ren Shu's injuries healed pretty well only he still couldn't move around freely.

During this period of time, Jiang Chao Ge took Zhi Xuan shopping in Da Liang City, simultaneously asking about Wang Qin's whereabouts. After asking around for two days, he gained nothing yet he accidentally discovered why a spirit priest like Uncle He would live in such squalor. As it turns out, there was another spirit priest in the city who was the distinguished guest of nobles. His skills were actually about the same as Uncle He but he liked to curry favour. After forming connections with the nobles in the city, he began to slander Uncle He, spreading unfavourable rumours about Uncle Bo everywhere in the city. If he hadn't seen Uncle He heal Jiao Jiao with his own eyes, Jiang Chao Ge would definitely believe such rumours as an outsider.

Jiang Chao Ge also visited the spirit weapon shops, beast material shops and auction houses in the city. As a city that couldn't be considered small, he actually wasn't able to buy a Na Wu Pouch here. Few people had even heard of the so called half spirit weapons. It seemed that it was only in the imperial capital that everything could be found. Unfortunately he didn't have any time to purchase anything in Yu Fa City.

He sold several pieces of scattered materials that were taking up space at a low price, earning more than six hundred silver coins and clearing up half the space in the Na Wu Pouch. He bought Zhi Xuan a few barrels of alcohol and stored up some food again. The most magical part of this Na Wu Pouch was that no matter how much food was placed in it, it wouldn't rot. It was if the space within it was unchanging. Anything placed in it would come out in the same state as when it was put in. 

Zhi Xuan was the happiest when buying things. As soon as he saw something good, he would grab Jiang Chao Ge's neck and swing forcefully: "Want that one want that one. Buy this one buy this one."

Tired from shopping, Jiang Chao Ge brought him to a tea house to rest. The two sat by the window with a row of snacks laid across the table. Zhi Xuan sat on the table with his legs crossed, drinking alcohol while eating snacks. Jiang Chao Ge stared blankly out the window, ignoring the strange glances cast their way by other customers. After all, it wasn't everyday they saw a three to four year old child drinking alcohol yet the adult didn't care.

Suddenly, Jiang Chao Ge felt something fragrant and sweet press up against his lips. He lowered his head and saw a jujube paste cake pressed against his mouth. Zhi Xuan looked at him and said simply and crudely: "Eat."

Jiang Chao Ge opened his mouth and took a bite.

Zhi Xuan said: "What are you staring off into the distance for? Not even eating anything."

"Thinking about things." Jiang Chao Ge asked: "You're not the least bit concerned about Ren Wang finding the Origin of Heaven and Earth first?"

Zhi Xuan shook his head, "If the Origin of Heaven and Earth appeared, I would immediately be able to sense it no matter how far."

"What is the Origin of Heaven and Earth anyway?"

"Actually no one has seen it, because no one has ever truly possessed it before. It releases very strong energy, drawing us to it. So long as we're near it, it'll feel as if our power is extremely abundant. I don't know how to describe it, it's like we really want to have it. It had once appeared at the Kun Lun Fairylands. Yin Chuan was the first to discover it and guarded it for thousands of years. Later, more and more rare beasts found out about the Origin of Heaven and Earth and began to fight over it. Before I was sealed by a shaman ancestor, the Origin of Heaven and Earth was still at Kun Lun Fairylands. But now it must've also been sealed, otherwise it's impossible for me to be unable to sense it."