Chapter 7

Meng Sheng rummaged through chests and cupboards, finding a yellowed old book and throwing it in front of Jiang Chao Ge.

Jiang Chao Ge picked it up and looked at it, "What is this?"

"This is the best martial institute in Tian Ao City——Tong Tian martial institute's Primary Spiritual Cultivation Method
"That is... the so called introductory teaching material?"

"More or less, it's equivalent the primary school textbook of our children."

The corners of Jiang Chao Ge's mouth twitched slightly, "Primary school....."

"As soon as a child is born on the Tian Ling continent, they will find someone with spiritual power to determine whether or not the child has spiritual awareness. If they have, they can be sent to the martial institute nearest to their home to cultivate spiritual power when they are five or six years old. The school fees are not low. Poor families can find nobles to borrow money from. Afterwards, when the child grows up, they have to work to the bone for the nobles for a few years. The martial institutes of this continent spring up all over the place. There are five most famous ones including, Tian Ao City's Tong Tian Martial Institute, as well as the martial institutes controlled by the four big clans. These five martial institutes, not everyone can get into. It's either children from influential nobles or children with extremely high talent. This primary cultivation technique book, is circulated on the continent under special permission from the holy emperor. It's for people who can't afford to attend martial institutes so that they can cultivate themselves. You can cultivate to at least the spiritual power of a Rank 3 spirit weapon user using this cultivation technique book."

"Then what about going even further?"

"You have to look for more advanced spiritual cultivation technique books if you want to go further. Advanced cultivation technique books are not spread publicly."

Jiang Chao Ge gave a mocking smile, "In other words, my current level is about the same as children aged five or six."
Meng Sheng spat out a smoke ring, "Children from noble families start cultivating when they are just two or three years old. You're not even as good as them."

"What level do I have cultivate to, in order to summon Zhi Xuan?"

"If you were a baby, then it'd be enough if you cultivate for one or two months. I've already said that summoning spirit beasts are the lowest level of spiritual power manipulation. A lot of people who have spiritual awareness but have a poor family background and low talent, can make enough for the whole family to eat and drink by relying on this cultivation technique to cultivate some spiritual power, resell some things at a profit and getting some casual work."

"Then, after two months I will....."

"No." Meng Sheng said decisively, "I've already said, you can't displease him."

Jiang Chao Ge sighed, "Old Meng, I don't want you to consume your cultivation base just to summon a little brat(or bastard)."

"You listen to me." Meng Sheng said: "People with spiritual awareness can cultivate spiritual power in three directions, spirit weapon user, spirit tool master and spirit advisors. Amount them, spirit weapon users are the majority. Apart from needing profound spiritual power, they also need strong combat strength; Spirit tool masters must possess advanced knowledge in order to make good spirit tools and spirit advisors are the doctors of this world. They are skilled in assistance and treatment. As long as they don't encounter any accidents, their lifespan can be twice as long as a normal person. The cultivation method of spirit weapon users and spirit tool  masters don't conflict. The cultivation method of spirit tool masters and spirit advisors also don't conflict. But the cultivation method of spirit weapon users and spirit advisors are in completely opposite directions. In the beginning, I always cultivated in the direction of spirit weapon users, but in recent years I gave up and switched to the direction of spirit advisors. Do you know why?"