Chapter 35

The spirit weapon the State Preceptor foresaw was in the immediate area of the Gemini Peaks on Shao Xian Mountain. According to the guide, because it was covered by two mountain peaks, that place doesn't see sunlight throughout the year and was dark and cold. Many strange plants and animals grew there. No one ever dared go there to hunt. Even if people went, there was never anyone who returned alive.

This was actually an ideal place to bury Divine grade spirit weapons.

After walking towards the Gemini Peaks for a day, the temperature dropped increasingly. Jiang Chao Ge grew up in the south and had never stayed in such a frigid place. His whole body was so frozen his blood felt about to freeze up, hugging Zhi Xuan and trembling. In contrast, because Yu Ren Shu and Long Xiang had spiritual power to protect their bodies, wearing a thick Ao was already enough to keep out the cold. Even Ruan Qian Xiu was much more at ease than him. This made him a bit dispirited. Zhi Xuan demanded to transform into adult form several times for him to warm himself. He never agreed. As they ascended the mountain, something dangerous could happen at anytime. His spiritual power must be conserved.

Zhi Xuan said angrily: "Your lifespan will shorten like this."

Jiang Chao Ge forced a smile: "If I can't defeat a rare beast, than that is truly being short lived."

Zhi You blinked his eyes, "Do you want me to help you keep warm? I'm also very warm."

Zhi Xuan turned his head abruptly, "Annoying fox, get lost!"

Zui You also wasn't angry, only talking aloud to himself: "What are you? Are you that curious about death?"

Long Xiang said: "Come sit over here. Zui You's tails really are very warm."

At this moment, Jiang Chao Ge was sitting with Yu Ren Shu on Tian Rong's back. He looked at Zui You's nine big soft fluffy tails, and was actually a bit interested.

Zhi Xuan glared at him without a word.

Jiang Chao Ge was very familiar with Zhi Xuan's sense of ownership and could only say: "Nevermind then."

Zhi Xuan was silent for a moment, "Go, lest your lifespan shortens."

"Really?"

"No kidding."

Jiang Chao Ge hurriedly jumped over onto Zui You's back with Zhi Xuan. Then he hugged one of Zui You's tails and wrapped it around himself. The insulation and wind guarding abilities of that thick fur was top notch. Almost as if in an instant, it allowed Jiang Chao Ge to feel as if he was alive again.

Zhi Xuan turned away disagreeably, obviously angry.

Jiang Chao Ge was wrapped in a fox tail, hugging a little heater, his frozen body gradually recovering. His mood also improved a bit. With his chin propped on Zhi Xuan's shoulder, he began to softly hum a song.

Zhi Xuan twisted his head to look at him and said softly, "What are you singing?"

"I also don't know."

Zhi Xuan looked at Jiang Chao Ge's pale cracked lips from the cold, occasionally trembling and pressing together. His slender eyelashes were moistened with snow and dew, a bit of tiredness dying his eyes. A strange feeling surfaced in Zhi Xuan's heart. He didn't like seeing Jiang Chao Ge's uncomfortable appearance, because that will definitely shorten one's lifespan.

Zui You waved his tails, "Little Xiang, I still have eight tails. All for you."

Long Xiang said evenly: "No need."

Accumulated snow became thicker and thicker. Their progress also slowed considerably. After Jiang Chao Ge's body warmed up, he began to cultivate. When he was young on a reckless path, he was always holding machetes and daggers and dashing ahead at the very front. Otherwise how could younger brothers look up to him. But the him now could only try his best not to drag on someone's leg. What he had hated all his life was weakness and powerlessness. Unfortunately, right now he was precisely in such a state.