Chapter 32

The second day, Jiang Chao Ge took advantage of mealtime to go find Yu Ren Shu and Tian Rong, revealing his own plans to them.

Yu Ren Shu heard it and frowned severely, "You really are too daring. If Qi Ling Feng  finds out you want to release that woman, we will lose even our last friend."

"Relax. As long as you properly cooperate, I will make Qi Ling Feng believe that Qi Ran Jun released Ruan Qian Xiu."
"Then how are you going to explain it to Qi Ran Jun's side?"

"It's fine as long as he doesn't admit to it. Even if Qi Ling Feng thinks that he released her, he can't do anything to him. At that time if Qi Ran Jun once again pleads for leniency, Qi Ling Feng may possibly pardon her."

"This plan, gave you told Qi Ran Jun?"

Jiang Chao Ge blinked his eyes, "No."

Yu Ren Shu was slightly angry, "So right now it's just your own wishful thinking. You went to see Ruan Qian Xiu without even discussing with me. You told Ruan Qian Xiu that Long Xiang will pledge loyalty to Qi Clan without telling Long Xiang. In other words, you don't have half a bargaining chip, yet you want me and Tian Rong to act according to your hypothesis and then let Qi Ran Jun plead leniency for Long Xiang.   Jiang Chao Ge ah Jiang Chao Ge, isn't this equivalent to trying to build a house without a foundation?"

Jiang Chao Ge said with a smile: "I'll tell you a story from my world."

"I don't have time to listen to stories."

"Try and listen. It's very interesting. The story goes like this, a poor young man and the daughter of the city owner is in love with each other. But he knew that the city owner would never agree to him marrying his daughter. A wise person decided to help him. The wise person went to the biggest gold bank in the city and asked the boss of the gold bank if he was willing to employ the city owner's son in law as his manager. The gold bank boss heard this and naturally agreed. Then, the wise person went to find the city owner and asked him if he was willing for his own daughter to be wed to the manager of the biggest gold bank in the city. The city owner heard this, felt his daughter quite liked him and the young man was so honourable, so he also gladly agreed. Thus, the young man gained both wealth and a beautiful woman. The city owner's daughter was wed to her young and promising sweetheart. The gold bank gained the city owner's son in law as a manager. The city owner was able to see his daughter happy." Jiang Chao Ge smiled lightly: "I've always really appreciated this story. Not because it teaches me how to create something from nothing, but because it teaches me that satisfying the interests of all sides is the best deal."

Yu Ren Shu was stunned, looking at Jiang Chao Ge with a kind of incredulous gaze.

"Shu, cooperate with me a little. In the end, we'll all be able to get what we want."

Yu Ren Shu hesitated, "Alright then. You say what's to be done."

"You go find Qi Ran Jun personally, tell him, Ruan Qian Xiu agrees to leave Qi Headquarters with my help. Ruan Qian Xiu is unwilling to owe him a favour and doesn't accept his help, so we will help her with this. The condition is to allow us to see Long Xiang before the trial and he has to plead with Qi Ling Feng to pardon Long Xiang. The price is Long Xiang will atone for his crimes with meritorious acts, pledging loyalty to Qi Clan."

Zhi Xuan snorted coldly, "Human women are really inexplicable. Why doesn't she agree when someone is willing to release her? Don't tell me she likes being locked up?"

"I'm guessing, Qi Ran Jun has definitely expressed that he wanted to help Ruan Qian Xiu regain her freedom before, but with the implication that she become his people. Even if he didn't say it directly, she could hear the hidden implication. That woman is very prideful and definitely wouldn't agree."