Chapter 2

In front of his eyes was a large temple hall. The style of this hall was something Jiang Chao Ge had never seen before. It had both the primitive simplicity of Chinese styled buildings and the distinct sharpness of Western styled buildings. The main part of it was built with dark blue rock, simple yet majestic. The inside of the temple was decorated with many sculptures made of animal bone. A huge sacrificial altar was placed in the eastern direction. The sunlight that spilled from the top of his head, just happened to illuminate that sacrificial altar. The sacrificial altar which had the attention of millions of people. Which he just happened to be on.

Below the altar, hundreds of spectators stared fixedly at him. Simultaneously, above the altar, a dozen pairs of eyes locked onto him.

Jiang Chao Ge was immediately stupefied, really stupefied

Jiang Chao Ge was immediately stupefied, really stupefied. He had lived for 25 years and although his age couldn't be regarded as old, he had experienced more than what other people would have in several lifetimes. He could even smile in the face of a pitch black muzzle pointed as his forehead. He couldn't even remember the last time he'd been shocked speechless.

His brain rapidly considered everything that had happened from the moment he set foot into the old residence to now. Could he have... really crossed worlds?

If this wasn't a dream, then he had undoubtedly crossed worlds. This was the only explanation for what he was met with. Moreover, he could confirm that he had not crossed into the ancient times. From this type of neither Chinese nor western architectural style and the neither Chinese nor western style clothing these people wore, he could confirm that they did not belong to any dynasty in the history of mankind. Yet according to degree of modernisation here, it's also impossible to be of the future.

It was obvious that some sort of activity was being held here. There were both old and young people on the altar, males all of the same colour. The seniors sat, dressed in magnificent robes. The young fellows were dressed in dark coloured sturdy clothing and stood in a row, each with extraordinary poise. In between these two groups of people, was him as well as a sword stuck in a stand.

Jiang Chao Ge took one glance at the sword and immediately looked away. Because that sword was full of rust, from blade to hilt one practically couldn't make out the quality of the material. That worn out appearance seemed almost like it could break at any moment.

One could hear a pin drop in the entire hall. If people's eyes held rays, Jiang Chao Ge would've long been shot full of holes from head to toe. His lips trembled once, "This... where is this?" He couldn't be certain if these people could understand what he was saying although they looked about the same.

"A person from the other world!" A teenager from below the altar shouted out first.

Jiang Chao Ge didn't know whether to feel happy or sad. The happy thing was that they spoke the Chinese that he was able to understand. The sad thing was that he had really crossed worlds.