Chapter 6

After escaping Tian Ao City, they did not dare to slow down the speed, and ran wildly all the way towards the south. Because the horses summoned by the spirit tool don't eat, drink or rest, as long as there is spiritual power to support them, they can continue to run without end. Therefore they galloped away 400 Li(around 200km) within three days.

On the way, through chatting with Meng Sheng, Jiang Chao Ge roughly understood the power distribution over the Tian Ling continent. Other than the ruling family of Tian Ling Nation the Yu Clan, there are also hundreds of nobles of all sizes. Among them, four large families are most powerful namely, the Que Clan in East, the Su Clan in the South, the Fan Clan in the west and the Qi Clan in the north. The imperial capital, Tian Ao City, is located in the southeast part and is the most prosperous region of the entire Tian Ling continent.

"These four families can have an illustrious reputation in the Tian Ling Nation because they each have a speciality." Meng Sheng took a puff of a self made tobacco pipe, "Que Clan in the East is skilled in making all sorts of spirit tools, particularly spirit weapons and spirit armour which have the greatest reputation. The quality of the daily use kind spirit tools made by their family are universally acclaimed, the family produces top grade spirit tool masters generation after generation; Su Clan in the South are financially the strongest, yet every industry you can think of they have all set foot in. It's wealthier than the royal family and is the only noble who has business dealings with powerful nations overseas; Fan Clan in the West is skilled in using strange monsters and spirits to make strange spirit tools, especially skilled in hidden weapons, poison tools, magic tools and spirit medicine. Normally, no one dares to provoke people from the Fan Clan; Qi Clan from the North are nobles with the strongest military strength and has the highest number of high rank spirit weapon users and Heaven grade spirit weapons. Qi Clan people are each brave and battle wise, females don't yield males."

"Then where is your house?"

"In the middle region. It's more than 700 Li away from Tian Ao City and is a trade city that's close to the inland canals. There are many floating populations. Even if you go there, you won't attract attention. You will hide here for a period of time while simultaneously cultivating spiritual power and practising sword art."

Jiang Chao Ge nodded, "Old Meng, I haven't formally said this phrase yet, thank you." Although in the beginning, he was very guarded towards Meng Sheng, but if Meng Sheng wasn't there, he didn't even dare to imagine what his fate would be right now. He was someone who knew clearly to whom to show gratitude to and against whom to feel resentment. If there is kindness he will return tenfold, if there is a hatred he will return a hundredfold. One day, he will definitely repay Meng Sheng.

Meng Sheng smiled, "I'm getting older, I have no home nor tiredness here. I can live but I'm also not afraid of death. Then I'll risk my life and gamble on this and see if you can beat the State Preceptor and let us go home."

Jiang Chao Ge clenched his fist, eyes blazing like torches, "I will definitely go back."

Zhi Xuan was leaning against the tree, comfortably basking in the sunlight. He said with half lidded eyes, "Your world, what is it like?"

Jiang Chao Ge thought for a bit, "Our 'horses' are many times faster than the horse here. Our 'birds' only need two hours to fly from southern most part of Tian Ling continent to the northern most part. Our palaces can be constructed many metres high. I only need to move my finger to immediately talk to an overseas nation."

Zhi Xuan listened and listened, eyes becoming more and more bright. But in the end he blinked, "Your boasting right?"

Jiang Chao Ge curled his lips and smiled, glancing at Meng Shang. Meng Sheng returned his gaze, also filled with yearning and reminiscence.