Chapter 12

After returning home, he saw Meng Sheng reading a book. Other than <<The Ancient Records of Rare Beasts>>, there were also many ancient books spread out in top of the table. He didn't know what he was studying.

"Old Meng, what are you doing?"

"Oh, I want to search for those scattered bones you guys found in these books."

Zhi Xuan said arrogantly: "You don't trust my nose?"

Meng Sheng said hurriedly: "No no. I want to save Old Brother Xu some effort. He's quite old in age, letting him search through ancient books is also rather tiring. It's better if I find it and show it him."

Jiang Chao Ge flipped through one of the mottled yellow books. That book didn't even have a front cover and looked like a book that would be used to prop table legs at home but the contents inside were somewhat interesting. He casually flipped through it. It talked about some mythical legends. There are things about some rare beasts from ancient times, witch tribes from ancient times, celestial beings, ghosts and monsters, The War between The Yellow Emperor and Chi You, The Battle between the Gong Gong and Zhuan Xu. The part that he thought was most peculiar about this world, was the countless similarities and connections it had, yet it was still completely different. But from these mystical legends, their ancestors should be the same group of people. This made him more suspicious about the reason and meaning behind the existence of this world.

Meng Sheng said: "You have researched this before?"

Jiang Chao Ge shook his head, "No. I've only heard of it before."

"I also haven't researched very deeply, but I still remember some. This world and our world, have a completely identical collection of mythology. If we calculate according to time, tens of thousands of years ago, these two worlds could've very possibly been the same one but for some unknown reason, they separated. Since then, they have walked two completely opposite paths of evolution."

Jiang Chao Ge's eyebrows knitted tightly together. It's not like he had never thought about the connection between the two worlds and the reason behind this strange series of events that led to him transmigrating. Only thinking about it was in vain, because he didn't even have a basic outline. Now, after hearing about this theory, he could not help but begin to think about the idea of fate.

One world being split into two, how could this be done? Why? Now, he and some other 'Other World People' have transmigrated here, allowing the two worlds to once again have a point of coincidence, why? He had a feeling, that fate was part of a long long train, unable to stop, thundering forwards. Now the train has entered a tunnel, surrounded by pitch black. He was utterly ignorant. When the train exits the tunnel and the truth to appears before his eyes, he didn't know whether he could bear it.

Meng Sheng sighed: "When I first came here, I also hoped to completely solve these mysteries. Then, after discovering I was powerless, I gave up on it."

Jiang Chao Ge didn't know how to comfort him. That sense of powerlessness he had also experienced deeply. He picked up that heavy ancient book, wanting to shift away from this heavy topic, "This book is so old, there shouldn't be records of those scattered bones I bought right?"

Meng Sheng shook his head, "What this book records, are legends from ancient times." He paused and glanced at Zhi Xuan who was playing with bones, "Have you heard of the Twelve Rare Beasts of ancient times?"

Jiang Chao Ge thought about it, "I know some rare beats from ancient times, but which twelve are you referring to in particular?"

"This is recorded in the ancient books of Tian Ling continent. The most reputable Twelve Rare Beasts of ancient times are divided into Four Divine Beasts: the Azure Dragon, the White Tiger, the Vermillion Bird, the Black Tortoise, Four Spiritual Beasts: Qi Lin, the White Marsh, the Torch Dragon, Bi Fang and Four Evil Beasts: Tao Tie, Qiong Qi, Hun Dun, Tao Wu."