𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

Aria's POV

'I'm cold... So cold...'

I open my eyes and see a concrete ground underneath me, blood droplets surrounding where my head was just laying. I look around, my hair sticking to my face slightly and a pounding making an appearance at my right temple. I lift my hand, holding my head before pulling it away. Red covers my hand, making my breathing become labored as I take in my surroundings again.

The walls are concrete, a dull and intimidating grey, with weapons hanging from hooks and chains that are screwed into the walls. The space seems to be 20 feet in width, 35 feet in length and 30 feet high. My body feels numb from the drop in temperature, making me confused.

'I was with the boys, and Angelika and the Toma team. We went to sleep not long after the dancing. How did I -'

My thought process is stopped when a door opens, me laying immediately back down and feigning sleep. Footsteps come closer and closer, becoming louder in the eerie silence of the room. The air around me seems to shift as whoever it is gets close to me, too close for my liking. I can hear their breathing, their heavy exhales.

"I thought you might be up by now..." The robotic voice fills the room, making panic course through me. I want to lift my head, to move away from him, but I don't want him to know I am awake. I feel his gloved hand move into my hair, revealing the side of my face that he must've not hit judging by the chuckle that comes from him. "I am sorry about the wound on your head, but I know you don't sleep heavily so I had to make sure you wouldn't wake up. I'll leave until you wake up, then we can talk." Blackout's hand retracts and he moves away, his feet shifting on the concrete. I hear for his footfalls, the door closing, just to know he is gone.

When the door closes, I open my eyes slowly, just in case he suspected me being awake already. When I see no one, I lift my head and curl up into a ball and feel tears building up.

'Blackout got me... What about the others? He better have not hurt them.'

I sigh and sit up, crossing my legs and looking at my hands. The blood from when I touched my hair seemed to dry quickly so I start picking at it, wanting to distract myself with anything. The flakes of red go under my fingernails slightly but I pick them out and they fall onto the concrete. I think of what Gabriel will say when he hears that there's been blood in my hair; the thought makes me smile despite my situation.

I decide to use happy memories that I have made recently to distract myself as well as the memories in Greece and even the fuzzy memories.

I think back to when I met Luke in the trees, him being the monkey boy that he is, swinging from one to another. He had been my first friend after moving to Charleston, Luke had made me feel happy in those trees that early in the morning.

I think to when Nathan heard me mutter in Greek and made him laugh. He had been so casual despite having no shirt, as if he had known me for years and it was normal. He had been so kind, offering to go to the store with me. And then we had the sleepover and had so much fun with Kota.

Kota, my personal Peter Parker. I think to how I made myself known to him and Nathan when they were talking. The whole night they had made me laugh. Kota gave me support after my nightmare, just being there with me until I passed out in his arms.

Meeting Gabriel is one of my favorites, even if it was a little weird. He had jumped on top of me thinking I was Nathan, and I had put him on his butt for doing such a thing. The first words we exchanged had made me laugh as we had said the same thing at the same time.