𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

Owen's POV

Ms. Aria stands in the far corner with the boys' mothers, Heather, Erica and Jasmine, her small frail hands pressed into her thighs, the only giveaway about the nerves bubbling at her surface about tonight. The thought reminds me of what had transpired in the hallway with Kevin as a witness between Aria and myself, it had shifted my view on the petite girl we all seem to want to protect.

"Ms. Doukas, did Elias refer to you as those names multiple occasions?" Aria's eyes travel to me, the fear and depression darkening those usual bright mismatching iris. I had made the sure the door behind me is completely closed. I needed her to be honest with me, even if Kevin is here to hear it. The surrender of her body and real thoughts takes over, her whole body slumping as tears build in her eyes. Her head casts downwards, her hands shaking as she looks at them. I walk closer to her, noting that Kevin stepped towards the wall to give us space. Aria still doesn't answer me, despite her knowing I am right there, her body language responding to my closeness.

'Is she going to make me beg? I don't beg...'

But I feel myself breaking slightly as I take in her nervous and broken soul in front of me, a jigsaw I need to put back together and solve. I lift my hand and tilt her head upwards, so our eyes lock and I can read what she is thinking. Bloodshot eyes meet my mercury eyes, tears streaming down her cheeks. Her small button nose is slightly red, her lips quivering from unspoken sobs. I take one of her hands and guide her to Victor's room where her clothes are, Kevin following us closely behind. I open the door and she walks in, her head hanging slightly low. I look at Kevin and he nods, leaning against the wall next to the door. I close the door and turn to look at Aria.

Her eyes are looking upwards, her hands pressed into her thighs hard, only hiding the shaking slightly. Her hair sits in its golden waves, cascading down her back similarly to a waterfall, something so naturally beautiful. The shirt she is wearing fits her perfectly and you can hardly tell underneath that sleeve there is a bandage covering scars that show her inner battle and demons, demons we have all handled at one point but not at the degree Aria is dealing with them. I clear my throat, knocking myself out of my analysis as well as gathering Aria's attention. She turns, those beautiful eyes widening slightly and her lips parting slightly. Her cheeks flush in embarrassment of being caught in her head most likely.

'Good thing she doesn't know I was in a similar state.'

"I'm sorry Mr. Blackbourne." Her soft whispers fill the silence and I mentally face palm, knowing she is going to read my actions wrong due to her father, I mean Elias.

"You have nothing to apologize for Ms. Doukas." I make my way over to the bags that have the clothing that Gabriel had picked for the small girl and Victor paid for. I open them, searching the materials, plain colors catching my eye to show her beauty.

'Wait what?'

I shake my head and keep searching until I find what I wanted, my millimetre smile taking over. A plain black tank top and a pair of white cut-off jeans, colors that are simple enough to make her hair and eyes stand out more. I pull out a brush that seemed to have been put in there as well, a hair tie attached to it. I turn and see Aria sitting on the bed, her eyes watching her feet that sway back and forth, her hair curtaining her face effortlessly. I clear my throat again, her eyes snapping to mine. The shadows are trying to fight their way to the surface but she fights them back, pride taking over me, the smile not leaving.

"Ms. Doukas, I ask if you can please change into these and allow me to do your hair." I place the clothes in her arms, her eyes looking at them and then me again. A smile takes over and she nods, instantly going to the bathroom and closing the door behind her. I sit on Victor's bed and think back to what I had heard escape her lips when I reached the hallway, the names Elias has called her.