𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾

I look around, wild flowers blooming on the floor while the trees tower above me. I sigh, happy and relaxed, my feet softly walking on the ground below me. I memorize the different trails I see, ones I want to explore more or ones that lead me back to the house. My mismatching eyes dance with excitement and adventure as I go further into the woods that surround this street. Birds sing above me, making my eyes look up a tree.

'It looks climbable...'

I steady myself, placing my hands on the sturdy branches and hoist myself up, using the natural grooves in the tree to place my feet. Swiftly yet calculated, I make my way up, further into the tree, hidden by branches and their leaves. I see on some of the smaller branches of these trees small redbud flowers growing scarcely. I smile at mother nature and find a fork branch where I perch myself.

I swing my legs, looking up at the sky, my eyes closed. The wind dances through the strands of my hair, grazing across my faintly freckled cheeks. I sigh, content in the space I have right now and enjoying the natural peace and tranquility. I open my eyes and move myself so I am now sitting on one of the branches, my back to the other. I lay back and my legs hook, keeping my body in an upside down position. My hair hangs towards the ground and my body swings slightly from me leaning backwards to this position.

"This is freedom..." I whisper into the wind, closing my eyes once more while smiling. In Greece, I had my fair share of hideaways, and they were just as beautiful, but this place... I open my eyes when my thoughts are interrupted by someone moving in the trees. I know my forest creatures and birds don't make that much air shift at once. I look in the direction, seeing as it is from in front of me and see a flash of light blue coming towards me.

"Look out!" I shout, making a few small birds fly away from the noise. I flinch slightly, and silently apologize to the birds before looking at the person who is now in front of me. 

His blond hair is what I see first, it shining in the sun, creating a small halo around his head. Next, his eyes. They are a striking chocolate brown, mischief and playful evident in the iris. He has high cheekbones and a strong chin, making him worthy to be one of those male models you see in teenage girls' magazines. His light skin seems to only be highlighted more by the sunlight cascading down through the leaves. He wears a tight fitting light blue t-shirt, outlining his abdominal muscles. He wears white sweatpants with it, along with light blue converse, the logo sticking out to me.

I look back at his face to see him looking at me the same way I was at him, before a mischievous grin etches into his face. I can't help but to smile back, his playfulness being contagious.

'This guy probably has a girlfriend.'

I have to agree with my head but my heart slightly hurts at the thought of that. I shake the feelings away and tilt my head towards the monkey boy.

'Yep, that's sticking!'

"What are you doing there monkey boy?" I smirk at him when shock takes over from the nickname. He then smirks back, his white teeth becoming visible. I watch as he leans against the tree I'm in and moves his face slightly closer to mine.

"I could ask the same thing to you bat girl." His striking baritone voice is music to my ears, making me relax and giggle at the nickname.

"I'm no superhero." He chuckles lightly before hoisting himself to the other branch, the one opposite me. He sits on it and looks down at me, amusement swimming in his brown orbs. I pull myself back up and turn so I am now facing him, tucking my stray hair behind my ears. I place my hands either side of me, holding onto the branch while my legs swing, as if I'm a little girl again.

"I could argue that. If you hadn't warned me, we might both be on the floor not moving. How did you see me anyway?" His head tilts to the side slightly, reminding me of an adorable puppy. I suppress the need to 'aww' at him and swallow the tennis ball that seems to be lodged in my throat for a moment.